The Lion King 1 1/2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lion King 1 1/2 Reviews

½ July 11, 2017
An extremely great animated film for a direct-to-dvd release. I wish more disney movies were like this when released on dvd. Recommended if you enjoyed the original.
June 11, 2017
A hilarious movie centering around Timon and Pumbaa with surprisingly wonderful animation in spite of being a direct-to-video movie. Not as good as the first two Lion Kings, but definitely one of the better Disney sequels.
½ April 24, 2017
The worst Direct-to-DVD-production Disney produced (so far).
There was no need for that movie and there is no sense in the story, it just made "The Lion King" looking "less good". A total waste of time and Money. . . .
½ March 26, 2017
While I wouldn't recommend the film if you are not a fan of Timon and Pumbaa, The Lion King 1 1/2 is another of those rare Disney sequels that are actually passable and watchable. The visuals are very very nice, the animation is great, the humor is fun, and even some touching moments.
January 26, 2017
This was a surprising third instalment of the series and it kind of feels like a Disney version of Back to the Future part 2. Though they re-used clips from the original there was a step up in animation from the second film and seeing things from Timon and Pumbaa's perspective was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.
December 15, 2016
This movie was very clever in the different ways that Timon and Pumbaa were present during the events of the original Lion King. Very funny!
½ December 10, 2016
Probably one of the only good direct to video Disney sequels
September 3, 2016
A spinoff of a classic Disney film, starring secondary (and largely one-joke) characters, and loaded with one fart joke after another, this peculiar quasi-sequel... actually pulls it off somehow, and comes together as a genuinely entertaining and by times surprisingly clever film.
½ August 9, 2016
Dammit. I feel like I should hate this movie but it's really funny. XD
July 13, 2016
I enjoyed this as well but this film does kinda ruin the first lion king making it seem like timon and pumbaa were always there.
June 21, 2016
Though obviously not even close to the quality of the original, it's probably one of the best of the straight to video Disney sequels. It's short, cute and more clever than it has to be.
½ June 5, 2016
The first and third act are fun for the most part and add to the Lion King universe, but the second act where the comedic duo Timon and Puumba go around ruining iconic scenes from the first film is unforgivable.
½ April 23, 2016
The Lion King 1 1/2 is the prequel to The Lion King that lives up to be as good as the original. It's much more humorous because of the main roles for Timon and Pumbaa.
April 14, 2016
This is a great prequel 4 Timon & Pumbaa to star in, telling thier backstory of how they first met before they met simba,
½ March 28, 2016
It's good and harmless fun, but it definitely isn't the original.
March 27, 2016
Una muy destacada secuela, impecable sentido del humor; tan buena gráficamente que no pareciera tan nueva y en especial, fiel y atrevida, siguiendo y respetando de manera magistral la secuencia de la primera película. Five stars!
½ March 5, 2016
Makes you wish that they would do this to almost every disney movie. A highly creative and individual idea. Though its not art, and doesn't dazzle like the Lion King, it simply doesn't have to. Its here because its charming and it does the job well. I give it 3 and 1/2 stars.
January 29, 2016
quite good really funny and great to watch.
January 24, 2016
I love The Lion King, they're my #1 favorite animated film as a whole of all-time.
½ January 2, 2016
Completely ruins Lion King. It reduces the grandest, and most intense moments of the first Lion King into a fart joke. All those animals bowing to Simba at his birth, visually showing his great destiny and importance he has? Nope, Pumba farts and some pass out and others confuse this as them bowing. Evil uncle and his minions using a huge stampede to kill Mufasa and possibly Simba, showing just what lengths he'll go and just how terrifying it can be? Nope, Pumba farts and the wildebeast are trying to get away from the stench. Seriously. What the hell?