Living It Up Reviews

• Dec 31, 2018

Living It Up is a decent film. It is about a small-town station master who is accidentally exposed to radiation and told he has only a short time to live by a doctor. Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin give okay performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Norman Taurog did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor and music.

• Apr 21, 2017

One of Martin & Lewis' full-fledged musicals (an adaptation of the Broadway musical "Hazel Flagg") is colorful and breezy; Sheree North has a specialty dance.

• Aug 23, 2015

Anyone's enjoyment of a Martin & Lewis movie is predicated on their enjoyment of Martin & Lewis to begin with. If you find the "handsome man and the monkey" concept that Lewis described funny, than this is a treat. Late enough in their career as a team that Lewis isn't always manic, this adaptation of Nothing Sacred still gives him plenty of room to flex his comedic persona, including a wonderful dance with North. And Martin gets to be romantic, charming, big brother-esque and warble 4 songs!

• May 26, 2015

a remake of 1937 carole Lombard vehicle 'nothing sacred' with lewis playing the Lombard part!

• Jan 27, 2011

This starts off a bit better than the other Martin/Lewis films I've seen, basically because it has... a plot. A sorta Capra-esque plot, which works, but then the film basically spends no time doing anything with the plot, and all of its time with extended sketches that... shouldn't have been extended.

• May 13, 2010

FINALLY, a Jerry Lewis movie which I found to actually be funny and where Jerry didn't on my nerves. Some the gags are a little old and simple, but they're funny.

• Apr 16, 2010

For those who can tolerate Jerry Lewis? whiny and irritating characterizations better than myself will likely enjoy this film. It is an inferior remake of ?Nothing Sacred?, but it does have it?s good moments. The supporting cast outshines the stars, Dean Martin gets to sing a couple of catchy tunes. Light and usually entertaining.

• Apr 16, 2010

60/100. For those who can tolerate Jerry Lewis' whiny and irritating characterizations better than myself will likely enjoy this film. It is an inferior remake of "Nothing Sacred", but it does have it's good moments. The supporting cast outshines the stars, Dean Martin gets to sing a couple of catchy tunes. Light and usually entertaining.

• Oct 01, 2009

A typical Martin & Lewis scenario, with the boys living under a big lie that constantly threatens to undermine their shenanigans. This one's got a pre-Psycho Janet Leigh as the love interest. It's all very standard and workmanlike, nothing special about it all, but nothing too horrible about it either (except the usual ethnic humor).

• Oct 18, 2008

Lewis, while very funny, grates on my nerves a bit. The classic cast give it a bit of a lift though.