Living Proof Reviews

• Jan 28, 2015

Oh Living Proof. How horrendously terrible you are, although, I still enjoyed watching you immensely. This is one of the best unintentional comedies I think I've ever seen. I mean it's up there with The Room and Troll 2. Now, I am going to rate this movie objectively. I'm not giving it a 6/10 simply because it made me laugh, oh no. I'll tell you right now, this movie is getting a 1/10, no question about it. Just keep that in mind. Okay, where to start with the problems in this movie? It's actually extremely difficult since literally everything is wrong with this movie. Hmmm... lets start with acting, why not? To say it is not good would be an understatement. Our man guy Dr. Slamon (not salmon thank you very much) is played by someone who has probably never acted in anything before ever. Judging from this performance anyway. The only character traits he seems to have is getting hilariously pissed off at people and running in slow motion (seriously, I'm not kidding. I think there is a total of like 5 minutes of running. It's worse than a Tom Cruise movie.) Now to be perfectly honest, I don't remember a single side character's name. All I do remember is, they all sucked at acting and Amanada Bynes played one of the characters (who also really can't act). Moving on to writing! The writing is both the best thing about this movie and the worst. Best, because it's really funny, but worst, because from a filmmaking perspective, it is some of the most clunkiest, most awkward writing I've ever heard. None of it sounds slightly realistic. It sounds like something that belongs on Days of Our Lives or something of the sort. I can properly describe it, you really need to hear it yourself. The pacing is all over the place as well. Maybe like 4 or 5 times, the movie will jump forward to a year later. Now, I realize this is about hopefully getting a cancer drug approved, which takes many years, but that doesn't excuse lazy pacing. Simply jumping forward in time just doesn't work. If you haven't realized by this point, these filmmakers had no clue what they were doing, even if they had good intentions. Those things are like the main problems, but trust me, there are countless miscellaneous problems that didn't really fit any of these main categories. For example, whenever they cut to another scene, they'll use a blank, white screen to transition, and it looks so cheap. Stuff like that. Now, you may say "oh, this is obviously a joke." "They knew exactly what they were doing when they made this." And to that I call bullshit. They were serious about this movie. You can tell. There are several, serious toned emotional scenes where you are actually supposed to care about the situations unfolding on screen. They even have a "this film is dedicated to Dr. Slamon" (the real life guy) at the end. They clearly thought it was good enough for them to dedicate it to this guy. I sincerely hope he hasn't seen, or heard of it. It would be a shame for his legacy to have been told is this garbage pile of a movie. That about covers this movie really. Now, this movie is awful. 1/10, like I said. But, I still highly recommend you watch this movie. It's just too damn enjoyable to miss. It is not quality filmmaking, but you don't watch it for that. You watch it for the same reasons you watch The Room, or Troll 2, or Birdemic, or any other "so bad it's good" movie. Too laugh your ass off, beginning to end. Have fun! (Also take a shot every time his drug might not make it to the next stage or whatever. You'll be dead in like 30 minutes.)

• Jun 01, 2012

Based on a true story about breast cancer research. I LOVE this man's passion!!

Based on a true story about breast cancer research. I LOVE this man's passion!!

• May 07, 2012

Interesting biopic about the struggles scientists deal with in their race to find the cure for deadly diseases with not only the FDA but funding for research, pharmaceutical interests, family, patients... extenuating!

• Apr 20, 2012

Very moving movie... based on an inspiring story...

Very moving movie... based on an inspiring story...

• Feb 08, 2012

A damn inspiring film, especially 2 any1 who has or has known some1 with breast cancer. very nice film.

• Aug 11, 2011

No words other than the following two can do this movie justice: "Watch it" !

No words other than the following two can do this movie justice: "Watch it" !

• Aug 06, 2011

This is a brilliant movie. The cast was great with and handled this huge topic beautifully. I would expect anyone watching this to have an emotional reaction to the characters.

• Jun 08, 2011

Another great movie for those who interested to watch an autobiographical movie. Quiet touching too !

• Apr 02, 2011

Another "based on real life" movie... my favorite genre! Encouraging flix on a doctor's journey in the 90's to find a cure for breast cancer... good lazy Saturday afternoon recommendation!

• Jan 07, 2011

I've been in the shoes of some of those patients and I just finished my Herceptin treatment. I know what emotions they are going through