The Lost Boys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lost Boys Reviews

July 2, 2016
When compared to some more recent vampire movies like Blade and the twilight franchise, this film is an absolute masterpiece. Not packed with silly CGI vampire sequences but more simple and more effective effects instead. It had a great story and a fantastic cast.

I keep hearing people say it's a bit too 80's which is a ridiculous statement considering it was made in the 80's.

In my opinion, this IS the best vampire movie ever made! Not many have even come close to it. It's got the blend of comedy and horror just right, which is essential when it comes to vampires.
May 7, 2016
Made 30 years ago, this has been the most fun vampire slaying movie because of charismatic characters involved. The most charismatic of them all, Corey Haim, who played the lovable bath tub lips syncing Sam is not with us anymore. Another child actor biting the Hollywood dust. Tragically missed.
½ April 24, 2016
The Lost Boys is directed by Joel Schumacher, and it stars Corey Feldman, Jami Gertz, Corey Haim, Jason Patric, and Kiefer Sutherland in a vampire film about a family that move to California with their grandparent, and one of the brothers is hanging out with a group of guys that are vampires which he doesn't know, but he'll know soon enough, and his brother and him will have to deal with them. When watching this film, I was worried that the film was going to suck because of Joel Schumacher as a director as the only films that I've seen him direct, are Batman Forever which I thought was average, and Batman and Robin, which was one of the worst superhero films that I've seen. Then I was surprised that Richard Donner involved as one of the producers, and Jeffery Boam as the co-writer who wrote well known films like The Dead Zone and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, even though he only rewrote this film. Even with that said, I actually had fun watching this film that I was surprised that this was even a Joel Schumacher film. The acting is really good, especially the kid actors at the time like Corey Feldman and Corey Haim. It's very campy, but was mostly in the right places for it that I was having a laugh with this film as it's not taking itself seriously. Kiefer Sutherland as the villain is a lot of fun to watch as he's just going out with the right amount of silliness and intimidation. The Frog Brothers are a cool duo and have great chemistry with some funny moments. There were times that it was trying to be a horror film, and I wasn't scared at all in this film. There was only one moment that I thought was a bit creepy, but that's it, and I felt that it was more or less suitably better as a comedy film, which it is for the most part. There were some moments that I wasn't interested and was waiting for either the Frog Brothers or the vampires to show up, but other than that, The Lost Boys is better than I thought was going to be and I'm glad that this is the one that sort of brought the vampire genre to life.
February 28, 2016
One of my childhood favorites that never faded over time... it's still an almighty classic.
January 19, 2016
One of if not the best vampire movies ever made.
January 2, 2016
Zeitgeisty 80s vampire flick that engages with its ludicrous fashions, fast cutting and rock ballads, before even mentioning the inventive set pieces and exciting storytelling. The dated elements actually make this film more entertaining now, and it's easy to see how it has remained a cult favourite.
December 12, 2015
Fantastic teen vampiric film about a den of vampires that live in Santa Clara. One thing of note in this film is the design of the characters' eyes when they are in vampire form. It is the same as demonic form in other films of the time. Yellow circle, red outline, small black pupil. It works and is still very much creepy today. The plot was a lot of fun, the score is great, it's just a great film and not your typical vampire film. This was the long time precursor to Twilight and it's better in every single way possible.
½ December 10, 2015
Hard to like much of anything from the same director that gave us Batman & Robin, however, this does have a couple of good parts. I do not like it anywhere near as much as other people do though. The musical soundtrack is more memorable than the actual movie.
November 11, 2015
A display of money, but not filmmaking. Campy without the B budget. Not scary at all. Lit and shot like a TV movie more than a studio feature.
November 9, 2015
First saw this when I was six.
I love it so much.
I want to see it again.
October 16, 2015
Holy shit, the attack of Eddie Munster!
½ October 16, 2015
I watched this with my daughter recently and I have to say that 28 yrs later, it still entertains with all the right elements. This coming from someone who rarely watches a movie twice, even if it was great. The Lost Boys is a movie I would still enjoy watching every year.
½ September 20, 2015
Dated by today's standards but still provides some worthy, very 80's kicks.
August 26, 2015
It's cheesy sure, but its 80s gold.
August 25, 2015
Pure 80s classic, filled with 80s classic one liners and actors.
August 22, 2015
Super fun 80's comedic vampire flick that holds up nearly 30 years later. One of the rare times Gertz gets to play a hottie. Patric & Sutherland are at their most dreamy. Cool soundtrack. The Frog Brothers have always been the weak spot for me.
August 19, 2015
5 stars might be overdoing a bit, but for my money this is still the best vampire movie ever made. Maybe it's because they say my name so many times in the movie? Maybe it's just because it perfectly tapped into the Coreys Era of the late '80s? Maybe it's the soundtrack? Maybe it's because Kiefer Sutherland was always so good at playing a cocky asshole back then? Or maybe this movie is just fucking awesome?
August 7, 2015
Watched it again last night. Still a great movie!
½ July 27, 2015
Just a grown up version of the goonies really. I liked it but don't know why It has a cult following.