The Love God? Reviews

• Dec 24, 2018

I was surprised to find this DVD in a thrift shop. I had not seen this movie since I was maybe 11. Still funny, about as risque as an episode of 'Love American Style'. Knotts is a likeable patsy and the women really were hotter in the '60's

• Aug 27, 2017

A+++++++++++++++++++

A+++++++++++++++++++

• Apr 15, 2014

The Love God? is hardly Knott's best vehicle, and in that sense is probably pretty unknown to most. But, it has a quirk and a charm that almost makes you like it.

• Feb 27, 2013

Probably Don Knott's funniest movie! It's just so abnormal and so akward it just works!

• Jan 07, 2013

I wouldn't say this is a great Don Knotts film but a good Don Knotts film.

I wouldn't say this is a great Don Knotts film but a good Don Knotts film.

• Oct 01, 2012

Trevlig men lite väl 50-talig komedi med den sexuella revolutionen som tema. Lite småkul ibland och bra minspel av Don Knotts

• Jul 08, 2010

Another Don Knotts vehicle with more than a dash of influence on Austin Powers; great omn-the-town montages & costumes . . .

• Apr 14, 2010

Having seen this many years ago, can't exactly remember what it was really all about. It failed to impress me however and as a testimony I can't remember much about it. Don Knotts, a peculiar stage name, carries his Mayberry personna to the big screen several times. In this one, he is portrayed as a Love God rather saracasticly, of course. Thats the comedy of it all. While not a thinking man's comedy, there are some incidental features of the film you should watch. Primarily, this film captures the era so very well. At least, the era of the sixties we THINK happened. Psychodelia happened everywhere but where I lived. It actually was a Hollywood construct. Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco might be the only place psycodelia actually existed as a lifestyle. Would suggest all my RT friends and wannabes to find this film and comment. Not for the humor, but for the setting. Interesting look into an era as strange as it was captivating.

• Apr 06, 2010

Don Knotts plays an anti-hero hero here. You're feelings for the material may vary but I almost like seeing Knotts play a different character than his usual high-strung bumbler.

• Sep 26, 2009

"No one else could be so groovy."

"No one else could be so groovy."