Lucky Me Reviews

• Jul 01, 2014

Just a barrel of cuteness. Not memorable but fun for the 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Just a barrel of cuteness. Not memorable but fun for the 1 hour and 40 minutes.

• Apr 02, 2012

mixed bag WB musical

mixed bag WB musical

• Feb 28, 2010

And my ill-advised Doris Day phase continues. Even for the genre and era, this is cornpone as all hell. Still, Nancy Walker (Rhoda's mom!) is always a welcome presence, if almost always underused. And how can you not respect a movie that ends with a wacky scheme involving wigs and fake accents, a prominently featured giant cake that no one jumps out of or falls into, and almost no payoff to the weird logic of the multiple deceptions? Still, the opening number is just about the only thing here really worth seeking out.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Jan 27, 2009

Bland musical, peppy performers but flat nonetheless.

Bland musical, peppy performers but flat nonetheless.

• Jan 23, 2009

hehehe stupid old movie

hehehe stupid old movie

• Jan 08, 2009

I could never give any movie featuring Doris Day singing less than three stars. That said, this is not one of her best. Robert Cummings isn't much of a leading man and I'm not a huge fan of Phil Silvers (unless he's playing Top Cat). The songs are enjoyable purely because it's Doris singing them - but you'll struggle to remember them the day after. Watchable but not great.