Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome Reviews

July 8, 2017
It's nothing like mad max 2 (only 1 car appears in the entire movie) and i thought it was boring.
July 2, 2017
6 out of 10:

Even with a weak story and annoying bits, this entry in the Mad Max movies still has some cool action.
½ June 16, 2017
Absolutely nothing. This movie is a little bit of everything, which makes it nothing. The awkward combination of so many genres means that none of the movie seems focused or serious, and it lacks heavily in the Mad Max feeling of the other movies. It combines elements of so many franchises and genres that none of the genres seem polished or complete. Overall, just weird and awkward, and the combinations of genres hold it back heavily.
½ June 6, 2017
This movie maintain the continuous action involvement which exists on the previously first and second Mad Max movie.
April 26, 2017
I love Mad Max but this movie isn't great. I think the reason is because the co writer died. However when I watch this I feel more like I'm watching Peter pan and the lost boys
March 21, 2017
Working my way through a recently released boxset, I finally came to this one and while I had vague memories of liking it, I was forced to realize, this was the least interesting of the original trilogy of films. Maybe it's the characters, maybe it's the addition of children and making it feel more like an adventure story than a brutal fight for survival, but this one left me fairly cold.

Worth a look, but you're better served revisiting one of the other movies in the series.
½ March 13, 2017
This movie was pretty good. It could get a little boring or weird, but it was mostly smart and entertaining.
½ March 4, 2017
great movie better then I remember
December 25, 2016
the least of the Mad Max series. Stop with the Road Warrior!
½ December 19, 2016
It fully embraces the extravagant "pox-ecliptic" over-the-topness that had already been injected into Mad Max 2 and made that film so visually unique, thus being more entertaining than the previous movies even if more cerebral and less action-oriented (or perhaps because of that).
December 17, 2016
Beyond Thunderdome Is Another Fun And Zany Entry In The Series, Helped By Wonderful Performances From Mel Gibson And Tina Turner.
½ December 6, 2016
Often unfairly seen as the weakest of the series, it is actually the most fun. Sure, the action doesn't start until very late (but really delivers then), but the quirky ideas, outrageous production design and world building make this a highlight of the series. It also helps that two great Tina Turner songs frame the film, making it an 80s lovechild in post-apocalyptic clothes.
½ December 4, 2016
Going a little too far with the series at this point, enjoyable by fans but not by the general public. Left a lot to be desired.
½ November 27, 2016
Painful. On Blu-ray.
½ November 19, 2016
This is by far the worst of the Mad Max movies. It starts off pretty good when Max makes it to Bartertown, but gets derailed when he makes it to "Neverland" with all the kids. It then becomes a mix of Temple of Doom and Return of the Jedi (Think Ewoks), it does come back and leave the viewer with a somewhat satisfying ending, but no where near the ending of the Road Warrior.
½ August 31, 2016
Too Hollywood for what started off as an Aussie Classic
August 31, 2016
It's funny but silly, and better than 80% of action movies, but it pales in comparison to the other three masterpieces, worth checking out if you're a fan of the other three however.
August 16, 2016
The thunder dome has become a staple trope of dystopia sci-scifi. Like it's predicessor, a post-apocalypse etymology as much as an action film.
½ July 25, 2016
No action, weak plot. Boring.
½ July 18, 2016
The grim tone was stripped away in favour of adventure comedy. Max now arrives at a seedy trading centre controlled by Tina Turner who could not act, then he was cast out to a town of survivors of plane crash. I enjoyed the concept but the change in tone was a really bad move. The survivors of plane crash forming a colony was a really neat concept though, I am sure Fallout series has taken that element into the game as well.