Madagascar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Madagascar Reviews

½ December 9, 2017
the refernces let me pretend i'm watching a better movie
½ November 28, 2017
With a funny cast and springy animation, this kids film succeeds in entertaining its target audience, and is welcome to more mature viewers who may be interested.
August 14, 2017
Madagascar is kinda dumb, but it still holds up with a little bit of laughs, and family fun. This is a movie for the kids.
½ August 9, 2017
Madagascar has a lovable group of zoo animals and plenty of humor to keep it afloat in the crowded animation genre.
August 6, 2017
A perfectly okay film, Madagascar has its moments, and because of those moments, we get to look back at this film for fun for the whole family.
August 4, 2017
A super funny comedy that only DreamWorks is able to do, with many hilarious scenes, likable characters that enter in pop culture (Alex, Marty, Melman, Gloria, the Penguins and King Julien), great animation and set designs. The vocal performances are spetecular and is overall a very good choice to see in family.

|It's an 7,8 out of 10|
½ June 27, 2017
Average story, average animation, average cast (besides Ben Stiller)
June 24, 2017
My favorite movie in the series! It has a lot of funny jokes, very good visuals, and yes the movie has a lot of pop culture references, but I am totally fine with that. I love the series, and it's one of my favorite ones from DreamWorks.
June 1, 2017
A fun film that is predictable and cliche in a lot of ways, but also has many laughs.
May 16, 2017
The only good movie of the series.
March 28, 2017
This was a miss by the critics. A rating that belongs to part 2, Madagascar is an original dreamworks production that deserves more attention.
March 24, 2017
As they always say...old is gold! I loved this amazing action-packed adventure for many reasons, one of them being that this movie was really funny! I guarantee you will chuckle at least thrice if you watch this film.
With an interesting concept, breath-taking story-line & amazing directions, I'm really looking forward to watching the next sequel!
March 20, 2017
The only thing going for the film is it's visual style, other than that it is a very large and heavy lame-duck. Pixar are superior to Dreamworks and this proves it.
March 14, 2017
3/11/2017: A decent family film. Some funny moments, but not many good ones for adults.
½ February 17, 2017
Madagascar manages to remain slightly more appealing to children going for only a few adult jokes and a more cartoony-looking animation style rather than the "realistic" animation style of Antz and Shrek. The film boasts a talented cast and Sacha Baron Cohen shines as King Julien. Its story isn't great and there aren't much open spaces (i.e. it mostly takes place on the titular island and I found it a bit boring at times) but it still boasts enough entertainment value to keep audiences amused for 80 minutes.
January 13, 2017
Good and better than The Wild!
December 31, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 28, 2016
It's not the animated comedy "Shrek" was, but it's a lot of fun.
December 22, 2016
Amusing for the whole family film, the story is mixed with a variety of animal characters.A little cocky lion, freedom of longing zebra, hippo bustling, all the time suffering and fearful giraffe, four stroke, as well as a group of penguin celebrating ring-tailed lemur sound pretty crazy playing the title role in the film.
Something's wrong yes but it is not very noticeable.
October 27, 2016
The sequel is truly a better movie