Madagascar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Madagascar Reviews

April 3, 2018
2005's "Madagascar" sports likable, well casted characters and a kid-appealing plot and atmosphere that is all-around memorable and fun.
With that said, my feelings are telling me that this film could have done much better by not having the predictable plot focus too much on the down-and-out drama moments. Also, the writers seem to know how to write good jokes, but I found more than half of them didn't hit the bullseye, or worse, they're too 'in' which becomes groan worthy to watch/listen.
I know there's some serious potential here because the CG animation here is fluid, fast, and expressive- allowing for the more cartoony, left-field ideas/jokes to shine as they should.
If the sequel films can capitalize on the stronger aspects of this first film, then we will have a very good series on our hands. As is though, "Madagascar" is okay.
March 29, 2018
I just attended a press screening in Los Angeles. This movie is a "reel" hoot. It was simply hilarious. The spoofs, take-offs, and references to other movies, music and characters come fast and furious - so you'll probably need to see it several times to catch all of them (shh, no talking in the theater). The plot - a bunch of New York City zoo animals end up back in the wild with all their madcap adventures along the way. Excellent animation, voices, music and jokes. The spoiler - it was over in 85 minutes and I wanted more - I was spoiled. I can't wait for Madagascar 2! And, please stay seated until the end of the credits, the complete end - you will be treated all during the credits with a special treat at the very end.
I LOVE THIS MOVIE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH
March 28, 2018
Fairy tales will never be the same again...
March 28, 2018
Super funny, had me laughing the whole time
March 28, 2018
This is a children's' movie. I think people keep forgetting that when they review it. Kids would LOVE this movie. I am an adult and I went with my adult sister and we were just howling with laughter the whole time. There were a few science fiction movie jokes in there that almost killed me dead laughing. I think kids would love the animals. They were cute but not cutesey. Ben Stiller's voice was perfect for the silly lion character. Chris Rock didn't say anything too shocking. The animated scenery was beautiful. The characters were all good. It was jam packed full of humor and grooviness. A lot of the imagery reminded me of groovy retro stuff. (I'm partial to groovy retro stuff.) I think you should make up your own mind whether to see it or not instead of reading reviews. Wink wink nudge nudge. Cheers
½ March 28, 2018
Mdagaskar is a very good movie, probably it's in the my own top 10 animated features of all time
½ March 28, 2018
A heart warming story about frendship and support. Our family liked it!
March 27, 2018
Very funny and a great message for all ages
½ March 22, 2018
Awesome animated movie!
½ March 15, 2018
I've seen a lot of movies, but this may LITERALLY be the funniest and greatest film ever conceived.
March 6, 2018
it was not as cool as expected
½ December 9, 2017
the refernces let me pretend i'm watching a better movie
½ November 28, 2017
With a funny cast and springy animation, this kids film succeeds in entertaining its target audience, and is welcome to more mature viewers who may be interested.
August 14, 2017
Madagascar is kinda dumb, but it still holds up with a little bit of laughs, and family fun. This is a movie for the kids.
½ August 9, 2017
Madagascar has a lovable group of zoo animals and plenty of humor to keep it afloat in the crowded animation genre.
August 6, 2017
A perfectly okay film, Madagascar has its moments, and because of those moments, we get to look back at this film for fun for the whole family.
August 4, 2017
A super funny comedy that only DreamWorks is able to do, with many hilarious scenes, likable characters that enter in pop culture (Alex, Marty, Melman, Gloria, the Penguins and King Julien), great animation and set designs. The vocal performances are spetecular and is overall a very good choice to see in family.

|It's an 7,8 out of 10|
½ June 27, 2017
Average story, average animation, average cast (besides Ben Stiller)
June 24, 2017
My favorite movie in the series! It has a lot of funny jokes, very good visuals, and yes the movie has a lot of pop culture references, but I am totally fine with that. I love the series, and it's one of my favorite ones from DreamWorks.