Madagascar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Madagascar Reviews

October 27, 2016
The sequel is truly a better movie
October 23, 2016
Best out of all of them
½ September 25, 2016
it is a good and fun movie
½ August 28, 2016
Really funny Film
Please Check It Out! :)
August 26, 2016
Fun and entertaining
July 7, 2016
madagascar is bad animals are crazy
June 29, 2016
5 stars because this thing is bloody brilliant, don't listen to the soulless critics, a highly entertaining film and of course... a hellova laugh
June 28, 2016
Quando l'avevo visto per la prima volta circa 10 anni fa avevo pi¨ o meno 9 anni e mi ricordo che lo trovai piuttosto divertente. Rivederlo adesso nel 2016 con un maggiore occhio critico Ŕ totalmente un' altra cosa; le battute sono scontate ed estremamente infantili e il film in generale Ŕ scritto principalmente per un pubblico di bambini. Forse farÓ divertire il suo target di clienti, ma se vogliamo una valutazione oggettiva e critica non possiamo essere troppo clementi.
June 25, 2016
Madagascar is hilarious and adventurous. Madagascar is about animals from a zoo that want to live in the wild. The plot of the movie is good. I would suggest this movie.
June 24, 2016
Apesar de algumas falhas na historia e um humor mediano(Porem,divertido),Madagascar consegue manter o telespectador(e as crianšas) entretidos e divertidos
½ June 19, 2016
This movie is great but the problem with it is all of the terrible poop and pee jokes they put in it there a lot good parts and there are few bad parts.
To me all the Characters are like able in this movie
June 8, 2016
Madagascar is forgettable, and poorly crafted, but It comes to be like watching a hyper-active child running around after eating too much candy, its entertaining, but you know you'll regret it after a while.
jamrcla
June 5, 2016
Good animated film something the kids will enjoy maybe not so much for most adults as most of its jokes are old but it's fun.
June 4, 2016
I can't help but enjoy this film as it brings back childhood memories. Sacha Baron Cohen and David Schimmer in particular are very funny and the penguins are great too. I've noticed that people don't like the pop culture references but I enjoy them. I do understand why people hate it though as a lot of the jokes are overly silly and only suit children.
½ May 31, 2016
Always keeps you on your toes and is a great movie for anyone of any age.
May 29, 2016
The story might not be good, but the characters and the movie is somewhat entertaining.
½ May 21, 2016
Don't know whether I found this animation mediocre because it's not the best Dreamworks spectacle, or whether it's just because I kept nodding off and missing key parts. I'm going to go with the latter though and the fact it permitted me to nod off was a bad sign in itself. I still got the gist of it - a Zebra who yearns to be free from the zoo, escapes and takes his buddies with him, that lands them on the remote island of Madagascar. Once there, they must learn to become at one with nature and leave behind the luxuries they had in London captivity. Evidently some find it harder than others, but this is never as deep as I'm making it sound, as it's all about the fun and light humour to it. I say light because I wasn't laughing much, namely because it's a very child friendly film and doesn't possess the adult undertones that certain Disney productions have managed in the past. It has all the famous voice overs, none of which are particularly stand out, so I always think what a waste it is casting stars in these films when you're just paying to utilise just one aspect of their acting ability. Not to slate this too much because it never was written to appeal to my oddball taste, so I'll give it its dues and admit it did have some catchy little numbers to bring a smile to ones face, and Sacha Baran Cohen's role is probably the pick of the bunch as always. It's definitely one to keep the kids quiet one afternoon, but never one to truly get the party started though.
½ May 17, 2016
funny, actually funny
½ March 31, 2016
We loved this movie! My husband and I and our 2 year old son enjoyed it so very much (and my parents loved it too)! We have watched it probably 4 times already! I think it is a masterpiece just like Anastasia and Ice Age! I thought it was hilarious and I have nothing bad to say about it whatsoever!

I think it is great for kids and adults alike without having inappropriate jokes that are totally over kids' heads (like in Shrek 1). The story is great and the animation is top notch. The actors all do a great job!

I just don't want to hype it up too much for those who haven't seen it yet...then you might get your hopes up! I think I went into it not expecting to be impressed because I thought Chris Rock would get on my nerves but he didn't. :) And now my son and I are quoting the movie all the time - so we love it that much!

Now to grade the film. Animation: A- Characters: B Story: A+
For Kids: Yes Music: A Voice Acting: A Overall: A-
March 23, 2016
Although not as memorable as other animations I've seen in recent years - Madagascar is still worth a watch. Especially Sacha Baron Cohen as King Julian and the mafia penguins are brilliant.