Maiko Haaaan!!! Reviews

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Feb 04, 2014

Hammy, particularly in the early parts. A very strange mix of comedy and more serious parts. Enjoyed it for the beautiful sights of Kyoto and the Maiko and Geisha costumes.

• Jul 08, 2013

The protagonist is probably the most ridiculous in the history of ever, but yet he remains beloved. Phenomenal flick.

• Feb 08, 2013

A hilarious movie that brings you into the unique city of Kyoto, Japan. Anyone who loves Japanese comedy will have a kick out of this hilarious film!

• Jul 05, 2011

At first "Maiko haaaan!!!" looks funny and make no sence, but at the end, some Japanese culture inside of this film presented.

• Jan 24, 2011

I'm all for quirky Japanese humor, but good god is this movie annoying. Filled with loud, obnoxious, selfish character and plays like it was made for ADD kids. Seriously, there is NO focus. At. All. It switches from scene to scene to scene with no flow at all. Granted, some of the humor just doesn't translate. But I've enjoyed a decent amount of Japanese comedies to realize that there is more to a bad movie than just cultural barriers. Sometimes, stupid is just stupid. An extra half star because it brought back fond memories of my many nights and days spent in Kyoto. Still waiting for that great movie that truly captures Japan's most beautiful city in all its charm and splendor.

• Jul 10, 2010

An interesting movie, worth when you are free.

An interesting movie, worth when you are free.

• Nov 14, 2009

It became boring when it got to the serious part, but almost enjoyable and I like Abe's acting :)

• Sep 27, 2009

[2009.09.26 on DVD] Noisy guy....

[2009.09.26 on DVD] Noisy guy....

• Jun 30, 2009

The slapstick may seem annoying but stick with it and it's really quite enjoyable and fun.

• Jun 15, 2009

A crazy slapstick film about geishas, noodles, baseball and everything which celebrates Kyoto!