Jimmy Carter Man From Plains Reviews

• Apr 12, 2015

Pretty good flick, it follows Jimmy Carter as the goes about sellling his 2006 book "Palestine: Peace not Apartheid" It is amazing how many of the people who interview him clearly are judging a book by its cover. Its a shame that we can't have one excutive over economics and another over world affairs, because Carter is the best man for a world were a state must exist. I do hope someday they make a good movie on his life.

• Oct 07, 2014

Theres a good story here but it doesn't quite tell it. He seems to spend to much time on apparently arbitrary stuff of carter getting his makeup done and greeting people.

• Jun 01, 2012

I enjoyed this documentary on Jimmy Carter. Yes... Jimmy... back when presidents were intelligent. ;-)

• Feb 11, 2012

tanta muerte por una supuesta tierra santa... Documental de JonathanDemme acerca de la gira de JimmyCarter promocionando su controversial libro:"Palestine:Peace,Not Apartheid", causando indignación en Israel y los judíos.

• May 29, 2011

Very insightful documentary about 39th president Jimmy Carter, focusing on the controversy surrounding his book Palestine, Peace Not Apartheid. It's amazing to see ill-informed (and, frankly, stupid) people criticizing both the book and Carter while admitting they hadn't read the book. Carter is brilliant and humble and an incredible statesman, and it shows in this documentary.

• Mar 07, 2011

I'm a huge Jimmy Carter fan, but this movie is a borderline snorefest. It has nice cinematography and good production values but there is almost no conflict whatsoever. Boring.

• Nov 23, 2010

Whether you love jimmy carter, hate him, or don't have an opinion of him, after watching this film you'll come to admire him, not for his willingness to speak out from an unpopular perspective or his ability to polarize, but, if nothing else, for his ability to do more as a man well into his 80s than most men could dream of doing in a lifetime. 3 stars because it is a very incomplete portrait of a man who probably needs a miniseries to explore with any kind of real depth.

• Nov 23, 2010

Loved it! I enjoyed this peak into his life as he promoted his book about Palestine

• Nov 23, 2010

The last president that made me feel proud to be an American.

The last president that made me feel proud to be an American.

• Nov 23, 2010

Growing up in a Republican household, I still managed to mature into a card carrying liberal with residual ambivalence and misunderstanding for Carter's contributions during his presidency. I enjoyed this documentary very much, and learned that Carter is actually a very tough, strong, intelligent and opinionated man that I very much respect and admire for reasons beyond his charitable contributions and furniture making prowess.