Marley - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marley Reviews

½ May 31, 2016
A brilliant love letter to one of the true Legends of Music, reggae or otherwise. Hats off to Kevin McDonald on this definitive & essential 145 minute documentary.
½ April 18, 2016
I'm usually all about documentaries, and especially musical artist. This was long and dragged out. Lots of great interviews but yes boring.
March 16, 2016
Great film about one of my favorite artists
½ February 22, 2016
This movie gave me emotional feels after like I knew this was something great and exactly so Bob Marley is a human inspiration to humanity as he's influenced reggae, Rasta, and Jamaican societal struggle.
February 18, 2016
Amazing documentary that is full of soul and spirit
December 21, 2015
Beautiful, dense and quite complete, this documentary about the life and philanthropic work of Bob Marley, a man who has changed the musical landscape forever, is a must see for fans or newcomers alike. By focusing mainly on the music and the personal accomplishment of the man, by giving a voice to his family, friends and close circle but also to the people who enjoy his music, we get to see a multifaceted man, on a quest towards personal enlightenment and wishing to bring peace to the world through his words. Great documentary.
August 22, 2015
Great documentary of a great musician
½ August 21, 2015
Great Film. The stories were very personal. The titles could have been done better to make them readable.
August 15, 2015
a powerful telling of a genius who brought people together through his music and vision, a documentary which is full of insight and new tellings of the life of one of the most brilliant minds in our generation
½ August 7, 2015
Unjustifiably long, but otherwise a fine documentary on the life and career of Bob Marley.
August 7, 2015
Exhaustive but at times also exhausting portrait of every weed smoking teenagers reggae hero. At 2.5hrs it out-stays it's welcome a fair bit after a really interesting first half. It never really delves too much into some of the darker and more interesting aspects of his life either. Perhaps because the film is co-produced by his son that explains the kid gloves approach but by the time you get to the hands across the nation conclusion you might have (like me) lost interest.
½ August 3, 2015
Markey is such a great documentary!
It is not for the person who is not familiar to Bob. The movie does not give you a factual information but It's more like to introduce you his political and philosophical views.
This movie should be interesting and be watched not only by melomans and its enjoyable during the entire runtime of 140 minutes.
½ June 20, 2015
Interesting as ever, Bob Marley's legacy lives on some 30 years after his death. This documentary details his love and dedication to music, and the interviews with his loved ones show his immeasurable impact on everyone around him. Great work.
½ January 13, 2015
Awesome. I had no idea he died of cancer and poor medical advice. Nor, did I recognize the reach of his music.
½ December 28, 2014
Good and fascinating documentary but it feels as though the implications for the Marley brand have influenced Kevin MacDonald's reporting and the documentary stints on the spiritual aspects especially the reactions of Haile Salassie and Marley's last days.
November 3, 2014
A fantastic, and intimate documentary. One of the best.
September 9, 2014
An in-depth film/documentary about the fascinating and perplexing impact of Marley's music and iconic persona. His life and and his following still leave vibrations on today's society that are incalculable. It was dissected thoroughly and thoughtfully enough to solidify this documentary well.
August 26, 2014
I have it on bootleg i just have yet to watch it
August 21, 2014
Informative almost to a fault. Marley is a great documentary for the first two hours but is about 30 minutes to long to keep viewers glued to the most interesting pieces. Marley however is essential watching for fans of the Reggae genre or just music in general.
½ August 9, 2014
Love this documentary! Bob Marley fans should be satisfied.