Matchstick Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Matchstick Men Reviews

½ November 15, 2016
not bad, one of Nicolas Cage's best performances
½ October 4, 2016
Ridley Scott's con movie outing is charming, but overplayed, which serves to give away the ending long before the end. Kinda ruined it for me. And the main con in the piece never questions the actions of his subordinates, which he calmly tells us, is his main job. And so, meh.
September 25, 2016
Witty script, makes you wonder who's conning who? Brilliantly played by Cage, Rockwell & Lohman.
September 3, 2016
Predictable from the beginning
½ August 22, 2016
*** 1/2
One of Ridley Scott's better films of late, 'Matchstick Men' is a great showcase for Nicolas Cage's wacky performance, and is supported by a good script.
½ August 17, 2016
I gave this one a re-watch off the To-Watch Pile recently and I have to say that I enjoy Nic Cage when he's doing his quirky shtick, plus the twists of the film are interesting and charming.

Well worth a look for the strong performances from all of the leads. Give it a rental.
July 24, 2016
The unraveling is a bit of a stretch, but "Matchstick Men" is an entertaining and touching bit of satire.
July 15, 2016
For all the supposed psychology behind the plot, there's not much logic here. Yet I have to admit that the last 30 minutes of the film had me tickled.
June 20, 2016
A con film with interesting characters and unpredictable twists.
½ June 7, 2016
The con here is Ridley Scott trying to trick us into thinking he can make a nonboring moving. By the end of this flick, your hand is picking up the phone to call the movie police for the crime of trying to pass off this piece of crap as a con movies. For a con movie to be a success, it must con the audience. This movie only succeeds in boring its audience.
June 5, 2016
Decent little twist at the end. It made me angry yet happy.
April 2, 2016
Deep, intriguing, well written story. The music is not bad too.
½ March 20, 2016
Con a con man. Not bad.
½ February 21, 2016
One of my favorite movies. So enjoyable.
½ February 20, 2016
this is one of the all time best Nicolas cage movies ever made
January 28, 2016
Smart, funny, and well-acted, Matchstick Men is another good movie by the great Ridley Scott.
December 18, 2015
Fine movie. That's about it.
½ December 7, 2015
Terrific movie - a mix of drama, dark comedy and suspense. A different and interesting look at the grifting world...the direction and writing are great, Nicolas Cage gives an Oscar-worthy performance. Alison Lohman and Sam Rockwell are good as well.
½ October 23, 2015
Another iconic Nic Cage freakout. It was short and subtle, but it was still a work of master. The way he told that man to piss blood was inspirational.
½ October 13, 2015
Nic Cage and Sam Rockwell are con artists. Rockwell is funny, Cage is crazy. Great acting, the story is... well, it's a con men movie. Also features Alison Lohman, who looks like a kid despite being in her 20s. CHECK IT OUT.