Maudie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Maudie Reviews

½ November 20, 2017
Well acted but man, depressing story
½ November 18, 2017
Simple and beautiful.
½ November 16, 2017
Charming, emotional, and great story-telling. Superb performances, especially Hawkins.
November 14, 2017
*** "THE WHOLE LIFE...
...AREADY FRAMED.
RIGHT THERE." ***
November 14, 2017
11/15/2017
True to life account of an oddball couple living the technologically untouched life in rural Canada. What was supposed to be a touching movie didn't quite reach it there for me on any level.
November 11, 2017
One of the best films I've ever seen. Sally Hawkins should of had an oscar considering all the other dumb nominations.
November 5, 2017
Must see film. Love it!!!
November 4, 2017
Amazing views of Newfoundland!! Amazing acting and a worth while movie to see
November 3, 2017
Superb, superb performance by Hawkins. Very good cinematography of the local surroundings.
November 3, 2017
A simple but sweet little film.
November 2, 2017
The acting is astounding! Sally Hawkins is a genius, and of course, Ethan Hawke does an amazing job. They both should win big awards for this movie!
November 1, 2017
I feel in love right away. Maudie is a huge inspiration to all. I feel stronger as a person after watching. I picked up my pencil and started in on a new drawing the next day. Not only was it inspirational but also a true love story. Although Everett wasn't the nicest at first I could still feel their love for each other. Beautiful film.
October 31, 2017
Incredible true story!!! Amazing acting and style coming from Sally Hawkins (Maudie), and Ethan Hawke (Everett). Outstanding filming, production, and writing! A must watch!!!
½ October 28, 2017
True story that is amazing!
½ October 28, 2017
biopic struggle of contentment with seemingly little. a rich life drawn in an authentic personal way
½ October 22, 2017
Should be an academy award nominee for best actress
October 22, 2017
Remarkably poignant and perfectly understated leaving you with just the emotional empathy for the binds of relationship vs. individuality. Had not cried watching a movie in a long long time. Resounding success in getting its message across = being different, being loved.
October 21, 2017
Loved it! Plus a true story : )
October 21, 2017
The best movie i saw since a long time.
½ October 21, 2017
I liked watching this movie. I'm grateful that this story was told in such a beautiful way. Moments that were able to convey the feeling that all life, whether chicken, dog, woman or man, is worthy of being loved no matter how "deformed" inside or out. And that pain can be transformed to joy. Simple and enlightened. Worth watching!