Mausam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mausam Reviews

May 8, 2016
Mausam is an entertaining movie, despite the story being okay.
October 2, 2013
02/10/11

Cute movie, sad though.
September 16, 2013
I love this movie! The actors, the atmosphere, the action; I loved all of it!
May 22, 2013
Definitely one of my favorite movies. Shahid Kapoor was SUPERB as Squadron Leader Harinder Singh. It was great watching him mature from a happy go lucky adolescent boy to a strong squadron leader in the Indian Air Force. Pankaj Kapoor's directoral debut was great. I can't wait to see what else he has going on in the future.
½ April 21, 2013
It wasn't that good but if you have nothing better to do you can watch it
January 13, 2013
Day: Saturday
Date: 12 Jan 2013
Time: 11.00 pm
With: No One
On: HDTV
December 9, 2012
Nice movie... Liked it a lot...
½ July 29, 2012
Even with the typical follies of a Bollywood movie, it was worth watching sheer killer looks of Sonam Kapoor, and the fact that romance can make you like it, even if your choices are in another genre.
June 3, 2012
What a love story.. never ending love and very intense moments... loved it!
January 28, 2012
A little underrated movie probably because the direction wasn't so great. Two people who couldn't be together due to some major unfortunate events in past few years. It was an interesting concept but could've been better.
January 19, 2012
A biut too long but nice saga !
January 5, 2012
So much potential, but very very dire. On the other hand, it's good to laugh at.
December 30, 2011
Nice bt a bit too long :)
½ December 1, 2011
Good romantic movie..
November 8, 2011
can't wait for this movie to come, was waiting for agez, love shahid kapoor, have high expectationz so he better not let me down, should be quite a good movie though......went 2 watch it in cinemaz,,,luved it sooo much ,,i think itz shahidz best movie till date after vivah :D
November 4, 2011
Has got to be the hugest colossal dissappointment in time! Not Recommended At ALL!

Predicted Verdict: Flop
½ October 25, 2011
there were moments in the film you can enjoy nd for the better, its high on drama by the second half.....but the long run of mausam affects the chair for a while but the percise cinematography, songs and heart of bollywood keeps mausam a love story to look-out for. don't know about others, but works for me
½ October 20, 2011
Writer loves to pay hide n seek ..that's the whole story ..
October 15, 2011
Mausam starts in a small punjabi village, where Shahid Kapoor speaks in punjabi in a tone by which you're made at least comfortable to the language. Sonam Kapoor's character is then introduced who doesn't looses the pace at first, the song by Mika is also Good.
But Mausam's biggest and the ultimate Problem arises the moment village sequences are over. I think it would have brought the team an applaud if they had just made a short film titled "Village ka Mausam" Or "Mausam in Village" etc....and uploaded in YouTube. Throughout the whole remaining film, after the first 30 to 40 minutes of villages sequences are over, the film becomes disjointed and meaningless.
The Love story between the protagonists was said to be of about 10 years, but after watching the film you feel the story finishing under a week. For example, when the Sonam goes off from the Village, the film transters to 7 years, and we see Sonam in London dressed in a Victorian costume, and what happens to be the biggest by chance encounters in the movies these days Shahid is also present there - Now as an Indian Pilot, and these both simply meet and chat with each other like they are daily neighbours.
Similarly, the whole film contains such talkative scenes, which become irritating chitter - chatters. Themes like Communal Riots and Shahid's Fighter Jet scene are added to decorate the story, but proves useless.
I guess Pankaj Kapoor must have decided to make this film, as a record that he directed a film, just before his old age. But he fails to make the record into a history.
The title "Mausam" could have been an ambitious project and a lovely film if it was scripted and directed by non other than "YashRaj Chopra".
October 14, 2011
Kapoor and Kapoor have a sweet chemistry that make this an enjoyable film to watch. Wholly unbelievable CGI fighter scenes and an out-of-sync post-9/11 date cause a bit of disruption in the story we're being told, but the audience wants the protagonists to get together. With a nod to DDLJ and Madhuri Dixit Nene (many-time co-star with Sonam's father, Anil), this is standard Bollywood fare with a little side trip to UK thrown in for scenic interest. The music is catchy, and Shahid gets to show off his dancefloor prowess in a Punjabi wedding celebration, a la Jab We Met. All-around an enjoyable film, with a lovable cast and soundtrack.