The Medusa Touch Reviews

• Jul 08, 2020

Despite dreadful FX and pedestrian direction, this cheap British rip-off of The Omen has interesting moral ideas and is stuffed with good character actors, some of them (step forward, Derek Jacobi and Jeremy Brett) reminding us that they made their names in the theatah. Lino Ventura and Lee Remick do most of the heavy lifting, Richard Burton - rheumy eyed - appears entirely in flashback, wreaking havoc while swaddled in bandages in a hospital bed (very obviously not Burton). Very seventies. Plays like an extended episode of The Professionals.

• May 28, 2020

A riveting performance by Burton kept me riveted, and the penultimate scene was a real hoot. I loved this because of the witty writing and subversive subtext.

• Dec 19, 2019

Certainly an interesting concept for a movie that did not quite measure up to the promise. The script and acting performances did not build the tension necessary to make this a truly remarkable movie. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and, when the movie ended, it felt incomplete and left me wanting.

• Sep 17, 2019

very good movie for the year of release

very good movie for the year of release

• May 11, 2019

Terrific ; well, as terrific as feature films made by TV companies can be. I did spend quite a bit of the film, during the Burton voice-overs in particular, expecting him to start talking about Martians ...

• Sep 16, 2018

While working at AGM in London i helped construct the main Centerpoint building along with work on the plane. Film still holds up quite well today,

• Jan 26, 2018

cool movie thats sort of a satanic murder mystery

cool movie thats sort of a satanic murder mystery

• Mar 28, 2017

Burton classes up sluggish paced telepathy-genre thriller

Burton classes up sluggish paced telepathy-genre thriller

• Oct 25, 2016

Despite some cheesy special effects and gaping plot holes, the performances of the three leads are riveting. John Molar is every bit as evil as Hannibal Lector or Keyser Soze, but with a power beyond even Darth Vader's.

• Jan 25, 2016

One of my all time favourites! Medusa touch has a riveting story and an amazing storyteller converged together.