Midnight Lace Reviews

• Nov 19, 2019

Con aires a Hitchcock por el clima de suspense y Doris Day

Con aires a Hitchcock por el clima de suspense y Doris Day

• Sep 13, 2019

Myrna Loy steals every scene she's in. Doris is over the top in many scenes. Not a plausible movie, but still interesting. Good change of pace for Day.

• Dec 04, 2018

Although the plot might seen a bit blasà (C) for some viewers, Midnight Lace still manages to, twist your mind in a knot untill yo figure out what the hell in going on. The movie flows very well, not to mention Doris Day's outstanding performance. If you're only used to see this pretty sunny face only in the sweet musicals she's known for, I'd highly recommend you to watch this and be absolutely amazed by her performance, as you watch the down hail of a woman who's this close of losing her mind. In the scenes where her character feels nothing but fear and despair, Ms. Doris delivers in a way that absolutely takes your breath away and makes you really fearful - yet on the edge of your seat - for what might happen next.

• Sep 29, 2018

A pretty good script. Throws you off the scent continually. Very good acting performances all around

• Apr 22, 2018

This one had some good ideas that were wasted on the over acting by Day. I was mostly annoyed with this one.

• Jan 17, 2018

Much better than expected, with a stellar cast. Day nearly overdoes the dramatics, but several red herrings keep us guessing till the final minutes.

• Jan 01, 2017

Okay thriller about Doris Day being stalked by a mysterious caller. The story doesn't seem all that credible, but this is a Ross Hunter production, the man who brought us the supremely slick Douglas Sirk melodramas and a number of other well crafted Hollywood films, which help smooth over this film's weak script and credibility problems. It also doesn't hurt that you have a strong cast that includes Rex Harrison, John Gavin, Myrna Loy, and Roddy McDowall.

• Jan 13, 2016

I first saw this as an 11 year old when my father took me to see it when it was first released. So it has nostalgic value for me. Its scenes of fog, broken lifts, shadows on billowing curtains in the dark and of course the ending stayed with me until I saw it again decades later with the advent of the DVD. I may not have understood all the motivation for what was happening, but it was an incredibly well-photographed film and remains memorable for that reason, and of course Doris Day.

• Aug 09, 2015

Really liked it ... then. Especially the denoument.

Really liked it ... then. Especially the denoument.

• Nov 23, 2014