Midnight Madness Reviews

• Dec 25, 2020

I love this movie. It is not something you watch if you want a life changing movie. If you just want a simple fun movie, great to watch. It tries to be a little adult but not so much that it is uncomfortable.

• Sep 11, 2020

Pretty good fun. I was expecting a little more enjoyment given the premise, but 'Midnight Madness' is still amusing enough; even with its over-reliance on fat jokes. None of the characters are particularly likeable either, though they do have their quirks which makes it entertaining. Michael J. Fox makes his feature film debut here, which is very interesting to see - even if his role isn't the biggest. Stephen Furst (Harold) and Eddie Deezen (Wesley) are the only others from the various teams that standout to me. Events start to drag as the film goes through its 112 minute run time, but it just about keeps to the right level. Nice theme song, too!

• Sep 02, 2020

I thought this was a very funny film full of laughs and great comedic timing and acting. I love this film!!

• Jun 29, 2020

The sea is reversed. SS Itari is mixed up and blind.

The sea is reversed. SS Itari is mixed up and blind.

• Oct 03, 2019

Midnight Madness is pure nostalgia and I challenge you to see it and not resipiscence about the "good old" happy days of innocence and leisure. The core premise is this: Five teams, each representing a different college clique stereotype, compete to see who can solve the most clues and reach the finish line first in an all-night scavenger hunt-inspired race. Seen through the lens of 2017 viewing, perhaps the most startling thing about Midnight Madness is the overt stereotyping. It's more than a little amusing to consider that these exaggerated caricatures were perceived as only slightly satirical circa 1980. Admittedly, the movie is a comedy (although sadly one in which nearly every joke fails) so nothing in it is intended to be taken too seriously but it offers a window into how pop culture once viewed nerds (weird, physically feeble dweebs) and jocks (dumb hulks). Likability lay in being in the middle with no obvious eccentricities or non-conformities.

• Jan 29, 2019

His movie is all kinds of funny! It’s not a well made movie par say. It’s rather amateurish and lacks some tightening of the script but it is a fun movie and there are plenty of jokes. All in all a good cult classic. See it once unless you are easily offended. If so stay clear the jokes here just might make your sphincter tighten.

• Sep 15, 2016

It seems like they were trying to recreate a wholesome Animal House. It was fun and had some surprisingly good humor at times that caught me off guard. The whole pbr thing was pretty unusual for Disney.

• Apr 07, 2016

It's hard to believe this film was made by Disney given it's more like 'Animal House' in style and comedy than something for the family. It's a good laugh too with an almost screwball chase around Los Angeles for very little reason.

• Oct 27, 2013

A timeless easy on the noggin cult classic. Perfect for the young or young at heart. A scavenger hunt between teams of college students through out one night in LA. Plus Michael J Fox's screen debut!

• May 13, 2013

An 80's movie that's reminiscent of Rat Race and dates itself tremendously at every turn. It's so full of stereotypes of every kind; the nerds, the sorority girls, jocks, the do-good hero, and the slackers all compete in a game of clues that take them all over Los Angeles. Entirely to long for my tastes but there are moments of solid gold amongst this pile of crap.