Miles Ahead Reviews

• Mar 26, 2019

The Miles Davis life story is plenty interesting enough it really doesn't need this jazz plot influenced hokey nonsense. It has a stupid fantasy plot intertwined in it, what? No. Not for me, watchable enough but like watching Starsky and Hutch or something at times.

• Jan 06, 2019

I liked it alot. Part buddy pic, part icon biopic, part Hollywood lore.

I liked it alot. Part buddy pic, part icon biopic, part Hollywood lore.

• Nov 02, 2018

Don Cheadle give an excellent performance, but as a director, he's not as strong. An interesting film worth watch for free with boxxy software.

• Nov 01, 2018

Don Cheadle give an excellent performance, but as a director, he's not so strong. An interesting film worth watch for free with boxxy software.

• Dec 10, 2017

This movie is summed up by Dick Gregory more eloquently than I ever could. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C35wSqHBzbk Terrible movie.

• Oct 11, 2017

The movie is like a jazz trip itself off-note and raw yet in tune. It moves like its in its own atmosphere. It doesn't differentiate between the negative and positive. It glorifies both, the mistakes and the mystery, the pain and the pleasure, the ego and the human, the man himself. It doesn't glorify jazz, it shows its underbelly. I liked the concentration of the biopic on a tight timezone with the past through shaded, clouded images we call memories. Don Cheadle - kudos as a director.

• Sep 11, 2017

This movie is okay, but the story doesn't really flow very well. What kept me interested were the performances of Don Cheadle and Ewan McGregor, they really brought a lot of entertainment to the movie. I can't fully recommend it, but I don't hate it either.

• Aug 12, 2017

Too sprawling to convey an appropriate picture of Davis' life. Miles Ahead focuses its efforts on the less interesting and emotionally charged chapters of its subject's life, which should only be briefly touched upon. Don Cheadle is good, but Ewan McGregor doesn't really justify his presence in this movie as an almost equal sidekick.

• Jul 09, 2017

I loved it. It was different, unexpected, and mysterious.

I loved it. It was different, unexpected, and mysterious.

• May 22, 2017

Don Cheadle is the perfect actor to portray the musical icon Miles Davis but this film has a strange narrative. It flits between a story about the (quite dangerous) lengths he is prepared to go in holding on to an important master tape and marital tensions in an earlier time. It is hard to believe that the master tape Miles was trying to hold onto was important enough to the record company to shoot people over! I couldn't imagine Paul McCartney running through a dirty London back-alley with Sgt Pepper in his trenchcoat pocket, dodging bullets from EMI executives. Perhaps there are some dramatisations at play but whatever the case, the movie is anchored by Cheadle's performance.