Miracle Mile - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Miracle Mile Reviews

½ December 9, 2016
Wow! That was fantastic!! If you like doomed apocalyptic pictures like "Seeking a Friend" you should love this. Very low-key, but that's kinda what helped make it so effective. Where the hell has De Jarnatt gone...?
September 22, 2016
What a bizarre movie. Man, it goes there. Not sure if I love it, not sure how much I even like it. But I guess I like it. And I guess I respect it. I dunno
½ June 15, 2016
Meh. It was something to watch. It has that eerie 'somethings up' feel of Escape from New York. The music is okay. I liked seeing all these 80's D-List actors in something I don't know like the back of my hand. The acting is on point. The dialogue needed to be tightened up a bit--or the screen play. Just something to watch. Not absolutely terrible.
February 6, 2016
3 ud af 5 atommissiler. Produktionsværdien er til at overskue, men historien er både underholdende, original og gennemført ond med en af de mest unhappy endings jeg endnu har set. What's not to like?
October 17, 2015
I thought the story is kind of ridicules, it is entertaining though.
½ August 20, 2015
Unpredictable, thrilling, and legitimately involving, Miracle Mile may darken in its final moments to its detriment, but the experience as a whole is so genuinely enjoyable that it doesn't really matter all that much.
½ May 6, 2015
Dead opposite of a perfect movie. Comes with the flaws of much 80s filmmaking. But holy crap is it interesting.
April 19, 2015
Not really the best acting or the best story but great views of the Miracle Mile area of LA in the 80s
November 22, 2014
I saw the trailer for this in the late 80's but never got the chance to see it until now... the characters don't seem that bothered by their impending situation and the budget limitations are clearly visible, but there is an escalating fear and panic and I'm kind of glad they didn't fall back on the obligatory happy Hollywood ending
½ August 26, 2014
pointless.
Bad acting.
cigaretteburns
December 5, 2013
I love love love this movie!!!! The atmosphere is INSANE. And the soundtrack.....OHMYGOD!!! It's like serious and depressing, but quirky as hell. And everything just screams 80's! A true cult classic.
November 27, 2013
saturated with early symbolism - "Miracle Mile" has a lot more to say about humanity than it does about disaster. It's a bit hokey, but somehow grabs you with it's momentum and accelerates. The time-line is one of the many things that is deftly handled, and the early morning desolation feels like "After Hours". This movie has no business being as refreshing, exciting, and emotionally effective as it is. Great B movie.
½ October 16, 2013
You see a payphone ringing, you answer and someone tells you have one hour until nuclear war breaks out what would you do? Anthony Edwards goes to save the one thing that matters the most to him...his new girlfriend. Miracle Mile was filmed during the waning years of the Cold War. When this was a very real threat, which makes this a unique disaster flick. In that I believe it truly shows how people would react to this type of crisis.

The cast acted very well, each character is sympathetic and believable. From Wilson to Ivan, each character will have you rooting for their success. Steve De Jarnatt did a good job directing; using music and lighting to play off each other splendidly. Dark and brooding during scenes of conflict, yet light and playful during tender moments of happiness. All this helped to capture and inflate the oncoming calamity keeping the tension tight. The only problems I found were small, e.g. why try to find a helicopter when you could carjack someone and head to the airport or finding a helicopter pilot in a gym you just happened to find. These moments twanged on my suspension of disbelief, but didn't detract from the film. The other problem is it does tend to beat around the bush, but I suppose that if we headed straight to the evac it wouldn't be that good of a story.

But I digress, in all I enjoyed every minute of this film right up to the end of the ride. I'd recommend this film for a rental...maybe purchase, but either way you should check it out. May even help out in the case of atomic armageddon...just saying.
½ September 27, 2013
Miracle Mile est un de ces films uniques qui regorgent de bonnes idees mais qui, au lieu de faire un choix, les met toutes et devient un peu boursoufle et donc fatigant. Dommage car cette histoire d'ogive nucleaire tres noire merite mieux, tant Anthony Edwards est excellente et la musique de Tangerine Dream remarquablement bien adaptee. Une jolie surprise.
½ May 11, 2013
Best apocalypse movie ever? Best cinematic send-up of Cold War paranoia ever? Best Twilight Zone movie they never branded as such? The peak of 80s sci-fi visual stylization? Hmm, no foolin'. Might be.
January 24, 2013
Best love story ever IMO.
January 22, 2013
Perhaps the best "end of the world" film ever. I love every minute of it.
½ December 22, 2012
Occasional stumbles don't derail this incredibly bleak movie. By sticking with the protagonist throughout we share his experience of the escalating out of control confusion and sometimes bizarre interactions as people move in and out of his immediate sphere of experience. An effective low budget apocalyptic character-thriller.
December 11, 2012
Great Stuff, Top Notch, pretty intense, and kind of scary to think of.
November 25, 2012
This was a very strange sic-fi picture.