Moonlight Mile Reviews

• Jan 25, 2019

I saw this in the theater when I was a young film buff and was blown away by the performances. The story is a slow burn like an indie with a profound yet nuanced emotional core that is, in my opinion, moving in its authenticity. It was the first time I realized that a degree of arbitrary luck played a role in Oscar noms (again I was a kid) because I felt this deserved some recognition but was a sleeper that year. The film holds up over time. I loved it, and I still do. Oh, and the soundtrack is stellar.

• Oct 20, 2018

Saccharine melodrama has a good cast and is well made, but the multiple stories of love and loss have all been told better before.

• May 13, 2015

Despite skirting around the edge of grief after a family loss, this is still a fairly tender drama with plenty of style. The emotional aspects only ever simmer without exploding into life.

• Feb 15, 2015

Good acting, boring story.

Good acting, boring story.

• Sep 14, 2014

wow.....sad.....brilliant....amazing....i have just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch, its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that jake gyllenhaal, dustin hoffman, susan sarandon, ellen pompeo, holly hunter, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.....i think that the director of this romance/drama movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really really sad movie 2 watch, its got a great soundtrack throughout this movie..... the whole cast:: Jake Gyllenhaal as Joe Nast Dustin Hoffman as Ben Floss Susan Sarandon as Jojo Floss Ellen Pompeo as Bertie Knox Holly Hunter as Mona Camp Dabney Coleman as Mike Mulcahey Careena Melia as Diana Floss Roxanne Hart as June Mulcahey Richard T. Jones as Ty Phil Reeves and McNally Sagal as Mr. and Mrs. Don Tippet Aleksia Landeau as Cheryl It was partially filmed on location in South Pasadena, California, Swampscott, Massachusetts, Marblehead, Massachusetts, the town common in Cohasset, Massachusetts, and Gloucester, Massachusetts. Neighbor's Restaurant is really Haley's Liquor Store in Marblehead. The film grossed $10,011,050 worldwide from a $21 million budget. Moonlight Mile received mixed reviews from critics: the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes sampled 147 reviews, and gave the film a "63%" positive rating This film was loosely inspired by writer/director Brad Silberling's own experience. He was dating actress Rebecca Schaeffer at the time she was killed by an obsessed fan in 1989. The film takes its name from the Rolling Stones song of the same name. The film's original title was Baby's in Black, and then later changed to Goodbye Hello, and then the current title. The film is set in 1973 and music from that era is heavily featured, including that of the Rolling Stones, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, and Elton John. it is such a powerful drama movie 2 watch, its got a great cast throughout this movie.....man this is such a powerful drama movie 2 watch, it is such a really really really sad movie 2 watch, its got a great cast throughout this movie.....it is such a good movie 2 watch, its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie....man this is such a powerful drama movie 2 watch, its got a great cast throughout this movie.....man this is such a good movie 2 watch, i think that dustin hoffman was great throughout this movie, man this is such a fantastic movie 2 watch, its got a great cast throughout this movie.....

• Oct 08, 2013

Well performed but really boring.

Well performed but really boring.

• Aug 08, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect with this one,but as usual the amazing cast made this whole movie. The story wouldn't be anything without their talent. I thought even though hard to follow at times, this movie had so much emotion and truth behind it. It's hard not to fall in love with it.

• May 18, 2013

Nice, honest and emotional movie.

Nice, honest and emotional movie.

• Apr 27, 2013

little bit strange movie, not that much action.. more about how people move along with their lives after loosing somebody dear and about twists in life.

• Apr 20, 2013

I love Dustin Hoffman... I think that everyone did a great job in this movie, but he makes it.