Mozart and the Whale Reviews

• Feb 24, 2019

Absolutely loved it! I think this movie is an overlooked underappreciated gem!

Absolutely loved it! I think this movie is an overlooked underappreciated gem!

• Nov 29, 2016

Uneven love story is nothing less than riveting. While one won't learn too much about the Syndrome, one can enjoy a different kind of love story. Should be on Blu-ray.

• Jul 29, 2016

I thought it was great.

I thought it was great.

• Nov 20, 2014

Mozart and the Whale is a cute flick with a poignant framework.

Mozart and the Whale is a cute flick with a poignant framework.

• Nov 03, 2014

The story of my early 20s only with less booze, more animals, self aware characters and a happy ending.

• Jun 22, 2014

I really enjoyed this movie. It's one of the best autistic movies since Adam, Rain Man, and Fly Away. Writer Ronald Bass really did his research on Asperger's syndrome since it's inspired by a true story. I found Mozart and the Whale to be bittersweet, touching, and realistic with a happy ending that proves that anything is possible. This romantic dramedy is something I highly recommend.

• Apr 28, 2014

• Sep 15, 2013

It's merely a demonstration of human experience, because there's more than meets the eye in that film. A flagrant exposure of social behaviors disguising in a melodramatic theatrical artwork portraying eager biographies for interpretation is the main focus of the film. The script, as a two-lines conversation, falsifies the audiences' lore of quotations. Josh's performance has jeopardized the character in several scenes, still his famous facial abilities ought to be praised throughout the film.

• Jul 21, 2013

Generic yawn-fest of a "love" story that perpetuates misinformed stereotypes of savantism among people with autism / asperger's to an even greater degree than Rain Man. Avoid.

• Jul 04, 2013