Mr. Magoo Reviews

• Sep 29, 2019

Considering that the cartoon is seen nowadays as just a cheap excuse for making jokes about "ha ha, all blind people are idiots", perhaps it was inevitable that this would be considered one of the worst cartoon-based live-action films of all time. And given that this was before the Alvin and the Chipmunks phase and in a world where these adaptations such as The Flintstones and the James Gunn-written Scooby-Doo features were at least trying to be good movies, that's saying a lot. Leslie Nielsen could've worked in the title role and he does look the part of a character whose design is impossible to 100% replicate entirely in live-action anyway but he's given such an awful script that it's downright depressing to see him in a movie like this. It's not too hard to see why this movie drew the wrath of a ton of blind advocacy groups. There's also a closing disclaimer which is sure to have people saying "that's rich, coming from a movie whose premise relies on one joke: the title character can't see" Definitely a low point in a subgenre that's already full of stinkers to begin with.

• Jul 29, 2019

Leslie Nielsen is Mr Magoo in this movie. I grew up watching the cartoon. My kids and I were doubled over on multiple occasions. Leslie's delivery doesn't disappoint.

• Jul 31, 2017

I think Leslie Nielsen did a decent job as Mr. Magoo but the movie as a whole just becomes dull at some point. This is one that you can skip, there are better Disney movies out there and definitely, better comedies! Go watch The Naked Gun instead! I rate it 2/5 OR 4/10

• May 13, 2017

i love this moive lol i could care less what others think about it. was a kid and saw wow. so much tears from this stuff lmao. but no one go's look at the cartoon when its the same thing like the moive duh

• Mar 09, 2017

Nearly unwatchable. (See what I did there?)

Nearly unwatchable. (See what I did there?)

• Dec 24, 2016

The humor and acting are extremely lame and lazy (even from Leslie Nielsen himself), and the story is the most one-note ever put on film. Definitely one of the worst live-action films based on a cartoon.

• Oct 10, 2015

Visual gag driven to the point of being totally intolerable. Mr. Magoo forces the legendary late Leslie Nielson to play along in a mess that's painful from start to finish

• May 10, 2015

This may have been the worst movie of the year...painful to watch.

This may have been the worst movie of the year...painful to watch.

• Mar 25, 2015

I have this video as well.

I have this video as well.

• Feb 11, 2015

One of the worst family comedies of all time.

One of the worst family comedies of all time.