The Muppet Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Muppet Movie Reviews

September 5, 2017
A classic Muppets movie for kids but it was not up to my standards to enjoy the only part I didn't like his work permit the frog lives and his song he plays on his instrument. Other than that I was not a fan of the movie, don't get me wrong though other mail like this movie
June 9, 2017
The original, and the best! The tale of how Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo the Great, Rowlf the Dog, Miss Piggy and the Electric Mayhem band all met and became friends on a cross-America adventure to make it to Hollywood. Plenty of great cameos: Steve Martin, Bob Hope, Mel Brooks, Orson Welles, Richard Pryor. And it's not just a roadtrip - they're trying to escape Doc Hopper (Durning), who wants Kermit (& his legs!) for his restaurant chain. Heaps of slapstick, silly jokes/quips, some great songs ('Moving Right Along' is the best) and always something interesting to look at, along with the great puppetry. I hope they never stop making Muppets TV shows or films!
May 7, 2017
Not my favorite Muppets movie I do like Kermit the frog and I like how he was singing. Other then that I found this movie boring
½ April 14, 2017
Family fun all worth it just for the end with Orson Welles which almost made me cry.
½ March 15, 2017
The original Muppet movie and recounts how they all got together. The Muppets always offer some bright spots. For me, there are always too many singing numbers to go along with it.
½ December 28, 2016
Good classic Muppet Movie. A road trip across America.
November 27, 2016
Great fun with the Muppets gang. Boosted further by celeb cameos. On Blu-ray.
October 22, 2016
A really overall silly film, but a classic Muppet tale. The Muppet Movie (1979) is sorta kinda the origin story to how Kermit the Frog gathered his muppet friends and started the Muppet Show. Or more kind of like how it led to the beginning of the Muppet Show. Although the movie is 37 years old is still holds up well. The music is cheerful and there are still a lot of funny parts. Like any classic Muppet film (or show) there are a ton of cameos by well known celebrities. I had seen this a long time ago and revisiting it was a real treat. The plot is very basic like I said it's the origin of the Muppets, but the side plot to it all is that a fast food frog leg owner named Doc Hopper (Charles Durning) is after Kermit. He wants Kermit to be the spokesperson for his chain of food, but Kermit is on his way to Hollywood along with the other Muppets to get rich and famous. Like I said silly, but it has a lot of charm and one of the catchiest main songs I still hum to myself. Overall, give it a look!
September 22, 2016
I really don't think anything could ever beat the original. While the Jason Siegel film is quite entertaining, the genuine Jim Henson Muppets films have the true Muppet material that fan love.
½ September 18, 2016
As fantastic as ever!
July 25, 2016
Unfortunately this classic hasn't dated well
June 9, 2016
Incredibly appealing. A great composition of music and comedy starring the iconic Muppets in their first feature film.
April 21, 2016
Still the best rendition of the muppets you could watch!
March 20, 2016
This is how kermit the frog started getting a team together.

I thought it was not the best movie because Kerment did not have his whole team together but I new that there has to be a start to this movie to make more muppet movies. So I did not find it very entertaining. There were a couple things I did like in this movie I like that Kermit is singing and he's using a banjo I like the scenery of where he lives. But other than that it was not great for me. But other people such as kids might like this movie so have them give it a try
October 4, 2015
How can you not fall in love with the Muppets after watching this movie?! It's a great, fun little "origin story" for them with wacky characters and great music. If you are looking for something more, try Hare Krishna.
September 7, 2015
Road movie with the Muppets, whats not to like?
September 6, 2015
Featuring state of the art cameos,jokes,and songs. The Muppet Movie is deserved the name, Classic. Review by Logan Cornn.
August 17, 2015
A hilarious family comedy for all ages! Highly recommended for anybody, especially fans of Jim Henson and The Muppets!