Murder at 1600 Reviews

• Aug 27, 2018

I only lasted 2 minutes into this crap. Cops and snipers had surrounded a man who was going to shoot himself. really? yes, these american cops were ready to shoot a suicidal guy who was going to shoot himself!!! you couldn't make it up, weel the screenwriters did, probably whilst takin g a dump.

• Aug 27, 2017

Though this thriller has a pair of likable leads, some style, a somewhat engaging plot, a decent score and some okay action it is utterly routine and does little new with the usual murder mystery plot. Watchable but ultimately forgettable.

• May 10, 2015

Watchable thriller that goes a little off the rail by the end.

Watchable thriller that goes a little off the rail by the end.

• Oct 21, 2014

Possibly the start of the Snipes non Blade decline, this is your typical who did it murder movie that surrounds politics in the white house. I liked the start of the movie. It had a very interesting premise and idea and left you intrigued. Then the movie just kind of flatlined and failed to deliver on what stated out as promising. I did like Diane Lane here.

• Aug 17, 2014

Skip this presidential murder mystery and watch Clint Eastwood's superior presidential murder mystery "Absolute Power," which came out the same year as this film. A capable cast (Wesley Snipes, Diane Lane, Dennis Miller, Alan Alda, Ronny Cox, Diane Baker, TateDonovan, Charles Rocket) are wasted on a bland script and by the numbers direction by usually reliable action director Dwight H. Little, who did what I used to call the best American approximation of a Hong Kong martial arts film with Brandon Lee's "Rapid Fire". I'll stand by that statement, though it was no longer true once one HK directors, stars and fight choreographers started coming to Hollywood, but I digress. One interesting bit trivia, this film features an assassin names John Kerry.

• Apr 20, 2014

Murder at 1600 may involve the White House (which usually produces some very effective political thrillers), but don't be fooled; this is just some very good-looking trash with some stars to glamorize it even more. And yet just the same, it's mildly entertaining.

• Jan 12, 2014

Polar sympathique mais trop previsible et routinier dans l'ensemble. Snipes a fait beaucoup mieux

• Aug 06, 2013

Wesley Snipes investigates at murder in the whitehouse and with none of the staff willing to help him solve the murder he must use his own devices to solve it. Gripping thriller which is set in the 90s

• Jun 23, 2013

A detective is drawn into a web of conspiracy as he investigates a murder of a young woman in the White House. Severely lacking in originality and full of implausibilities.

• Jun 13, 2013

Pretty good, action packed and pretty good plot.

Pretty good, action packed and pretty good plot.