My Dog Skip Reviews

• Feb 04, 2021

Frankie Muniz. Ugh! So nauseating!

Frankie Muniz. Ugh! So nauseating!

• Jul 02, 2020

Mostly cute sometimes sad, well made family film.

Mostly cute sometimes sad, well made family film.

• May 17, 2020

cute movie about a boy and his dog. This movie plays more as a drama and is based on a true story. The plot is simple and doesn't leave much to remember but you somehow know it was a good movie.

• May 17, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (3.5/5) Another "young boy with a pet dog" movie, but it still works. Duration/Tempo: (3.5/5) At 1 hour and 35 minutes, it's a short movie that felt about the same. Cast & Crew: (3.5/5) Frankie Muniz was well cast. Kevin Bacon and Diane Lane were very likable as his parents. Summary: (3.5/5) The story and cast were good and the film didn't feel long. A thumbs up.

• May 12, 2020

This is a great family movie.

This is a great family movie.

• Mar 28, 2020

Frankie Muniz, Kevin Bacon, Diane Lane, and Luke Wilson. Both based on a book/true story. Frankie plays a young boy Willie. It's the 1940s in Mississippi and America is at war with Hitler. Segregation also still is common in the south. For this kid's 9th birthday he gets a dog but his father doesn't believe he's ready for such a responsibility considering he lost a leg during the Spanish-Civil war and doesn't want his son to face the hardships of losing so much. His mother does believe he can handle it even if there are missteps along the way. Willie has a few bullies to contend with, some moonshiners in a cemetery, and a next door neighbor named Dink he idolizes. Things change though after Dink comes back from the war a changed man, Willie starts spending time with a girl he likes, plus he starts to make the change from childhood to boyhood. Skip the dog is a big influence in his life and although there are rough patches Willie always relied on his furry best friend to experience the things he never thought he could. A heartfelt movie showing that even a dog can teach us about life death and heartbreak. It's also good to hold onto our young years and not wish to grow up too quickly. Some moments will even have the viewer wiping their eyes because that's how good this boy and his dog connect. The people around them are also greatly affected by their bond. Who would've thought a little boy and his dog could leave such an impact on so many lives really strengthening that connection of a human and his faithful companion? A movie the pet lovers will adore so much. It's full of child innocence, friendship, heart, heartbreak, and coming together.

• Jul 04, 2019

I saw this movie in the movie theater when it came out years ago. I thought that it was a cute movie, the dog was sweet. Good acting and good time period movie very charming, a movie about a boy and a dog.

• Feb 25, 2019

I loved this movie when I was younger, and I still do

I loved this movie when I was younger, and I still do

• Nov 03, 2018

Filled with cliche after cliche to the point were its over the top annoying.

Filled with cliche after cliche to the point were its over the top annoying.

• Jan 07, 2018

would entertain its target audience but is totally vanilla in every way and doesn't have much for the adults that would have to watch it alongside their kids, especially if the adult isn't a fan of dogs, like me