My Foolish Heart Reviews

• Feb 02, 2019

The best romance movie ever made!

The best romance movie ever made!

• Dec 19, 2014

A great film that's worth watching again and again.....

A great film that's worth watching again and again.....

• Dec 14, 2014

so this is basically what happen if on "the clock" they dont get married in the end of the movie

John B Super Reviewer
    Jan 15, 2014

Just a tad bit too silly to be considered seriously. This is apparently a Salinger adaptation and Salinger was none too pleased with the result. I wouldn't be either.

• Apr 05, 2012

I'll never forget this one because my late father would try to sing the song to me and it became one of my favorite movies. At one time, they played it a lot on tv.

• Jan 02, 2009

I adore this movie. It transforms one of the lesser JD Salinger stories into an extraordinarily romantic and moving melodrama. Dana Andrews and Susan Hayward are terrific, but Robert Keith steals the film as Hayward's older, wiser father. An absolute must-see.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Oct 12, 2007

Sentimental wartime drama with Susan Hayward strong in the lead, she was Oscar nominated. Dana Andrews is fine as her love interest but the strongest supporting performance comes from Robert Keith as Susan's father This includes a scene that is surprisingly frank for the times dealing with hasty wartime marriages and the realities once the war is over. Based on the only J.D. Salinger story he ever allowed to be adapted, he hated the results, it's not a great film but certainly an enjoyable one particularly if you're a Hayward fan.

• Sep 08, 2007

• Aug 12, 2007

This movie makes me cry everytime.... It got me started on my black & white film kick. It showed the reality of love in the cruelest of times, and didn't gloss over anyhting.