National Lampoon's Animal House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Lampoon's Animal House Reviews

September 25, 2018
A classic classic comedy that in itself is the archetype for many films followed up into today and even the future. The influence is apparent. The toga party is straight up a legenary scene. Memorable character for that genre as well, particularly in Belushi, McGill, and Donald Sutherland who I thought was fuckin hilarious as a stoner professor. Classic shit man-----
½ September 19, 2018
Some of the gags are silly and dated (especially towards the end of the movie), but most of them are hilarious even without need of a well-defined structure to wrap around them, since this is a comedy that works quite well as a loose series of raunchy chronicles of college.
September 7, 2018
As of now, 4 persons have given this a "rotten"-level rating. I can only hope these people are incarcerated, stranded on an island, or in some other way not in a capacity to make an decisions affecting anyone else's lives.
½ August 23, 2018
Do you think things like racism and rape are funny? I certainly don't especially when its gussied up as antics. I don't care how rooted in nostalgia every idiot is about this movie a lot of the so called jokes in it are just plain wrong. Stereotyping African Americans, pulling screaming women into cars to rape them, statutory rape these are all things this movie playfully jokes about as if it's okay. Well I'm not going to buy the excuse those were the days, and I don't think a movie that portrays such subject matter as permissible and humorous is quality film in fact i think it says a lot about the actions of that generation. This movie is a hellish reminder of a dark past where they all thought it was funny to be racist rapist ass holes for a gag. Well it's 2018 and I deem animal house to be the most vile, repugnant, evil movie to have ever been made and I've seen Salo. If you are a part of this movie's fan base you are the problem.
August 23, 2018
One of the best comedies ever, with the most great quotable movie lines.
July 28, 2018
Rude,crude, and very funny.
July 17, 2018
Best college film of all time.
July 13, 2018
John Belushi at its finest.
June 11, 2018
What to say... I didn't engage... Most of it has already left my brain... End of review.
½ May 5, 2018
Its humorous take over the "college-frat" satire might have corrupted future comedies in recent days, but giving credit to John Landis's direction and genuine fun gags, as well as the Harold Ramis vibe in regards of the script and jokes, while the film maintains itself complete self aware of its absurdity, it makes it hard for modern audiences to digest, even when its appreciation and old value might make this process quite easier.
April 14, 2018
An all time favorite. Haven't seen a comedy this funny in decades.
January 9, 2018
epic fun!! a classic I fear for the younger generation who miss really good movies, I mean hollywood sucks sicne 1990, same as NBA
November 11, 2017
Animal House has a good cast and just enough jokes to keep it afloat. John Belushi was easily the best part.
August 31, 2017
just wow!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 18, 2017
My Favorite Comedy Film Of All Time Is 1933's Duck Soup.
½ August 4, 2017
This film just does not hold up. I can without a doubt believe that at
least up until 1990 this film probably was one of the funniest around,
but once the Robin Williams, the Jim Carreys and Eddie Murphy's broke
out, this film lost it's touch. Credit given to the actors and all the
people who worked on this movie as it probably was one of the very
first films to tackle college life in a comedy setting like this.
Belushi gives an incredible performance and for me is the only
character that kept me in the film. The cafeteria scene is a truly
great piece of film but for me that's as far as it goes.I think that
everyone should at least see this movie once, but I don't think that I
will watch it again anytime soon.
½ July 23, 2017
"National Lampoon's Animal House" is juvenal nonetheless, but often quite funny.
June 18, 2017
Pure fun on adrénaline.
June 8, 2017
A smart, rowdy, over-the-top comedy that has helped pave the way for "school shenanigans" films thanks to the directing chops of John Landis and the comedic timing/goofball antics of John Belushi.
June 6, 2017
Even with dated and offensive jokes throughout, this movie is a classic and very funny comedy. Knowing this was one of the first college/party movies also adds to its acclaim.