National Lampoon's Vacation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Lampoon's Vacation Reviews

July 17, 2016
National Lampoon's Vacation is a good movie. Chevy Chase is hilarious in this movie. I found this movie pretty funny and good overall. I would suggest this movie.
½ July 10, 2016
The utter lack of coherence and consequence in this movie is distracting from what could be a funny vacation movie. Sadly, half of the scenes feel like the don't need to be in the movie, because they're shown and just cut away from with no repercussion or relevance. Characters act like the previous scene never happened. Speaking of characters, they're so unlikeable that it's almost painful. The main character (SPOILERS!!) cheats on his wife. Horrible, yes, but it's just SHRUGGED OFF IMMEDIATELY. The interaction can be summed up by "Hey I cheated on you" "OK I'm not mad you're still my husband" and they never speak of it again. This kind of shrugging off the previous (sometimes family-shaking) encounter is insufferable.
July 1, 2016
Funny, raunchy but also heartwarming.
June 24, 2016
,,,¢,,,,¦,,,¢,,,,¦,,,¢,,,,¦,,,¢,,,,¦,,¢,,,¦,,¢,,,¦,¢,,¦¢,¦â¦...
June 11, 2016
This was an amazing movie. This movie had everything a comedy movie needs to be good. This movie is a movie that you won't forget about soon. This movie will get an A+ for having everything a comedy needs.
½ June 2, 2016
Vulgar, cynical, and hilarious, Vacation is a relatable and a charming piece of mainstream 80s cinema.
½ May 30, 2016
A family vacation but by no means a family movie.
Why swearing? A pot-smoking child? Really? This is a classic boomer drivel. I like the story part, but they had to add the awful hippie tropes, which woefully detracts.
Scenes end when they should, which is a plus. Hall demonstrates some acting ability.
Poorly developed characters. Comedy of errors. Some fun along the way. The scenery is the star. The ending, though sudden, was more uplifting than what preceded it. I enjoyed it at the finish more than during the thing.
½ May 27, 2016
Tue Griswold family hits the road on a vacation in this hilarious adventure.
May 14, 2016
not much into this one but it OK
½ May 8, 2016
It maybe a good pick for people who tend to enjoy, old comedy movies, but this movie isn't for everyone, such as myself I never got into it.
April 11, 2016
"I'm so hungry I could eat a sandwich from the gas station" :)
April 10, 2016
One of best comedies ever (seriously) ! :-)
March 25, 2016
Classic, always funny!!
½ February 27, 2016
when i was watching the movie i love the intro with the postcards and what city they're from and the fact that it goes from California to Illinois and the comedy slapstick jokes and with the mystery woman who follows the family getting Chevy's attention and the stuff they put up including Cousin eddie is made funny and greatest in movie history but it doesn't tell us the full reason why they're going to Wally World and what or who is Marty Moose but i give it 9.5
February 15, 2016
Awesome movie still today. I think it's better than a lot of new movies.
½ January 18, 2016
truly amazing. just a bit of unnecessary parts. Really shows the best of the 80s
½ January 15, 2016
40 minutes and I was done.
January 14, 2016
Up until January 2016, I'd only seen bits and pieces of Vacation--my favorite scene being when Clark punches that moose. I had high expectations for what has become a classic American film. So, I finally watched it in one go, start to finish, and...I found it to be overrated. It was written by John Hughes, who wrote & directed my beloved Planes, Trains & Automobiles, and you can see some parallels to that later film (the car that John Candy & Steve Martin burn up in PT&A bears a similar look to the Griswold's station wagon, for example). I think the reason I liked Vacation less than PT&A is that the Griswolds cause their own problems whereas things happen in PT&A that are out of the characters' control. I don't feel sorry for the Griswolds, but I feel a little sorry for Neil Page & Dell Griffith.
½ January 8, 2016
Funny and one of Chevy Chases best films. It is a laugh riot and is just amazing in every way.
½ January 3, 2016
Maybe I was just in the right mood at the right time, but I thoroughly enjoyed this.