Nekromantik 2 Reviews

• Jun 02, 2016

Grotesque, cult German "erotic" horror sequel, this time with art house leanings - the non-horrific scenes are quite something and consistently amusing. Buttgereit's sexual-horror is possibly even more vile than part one and builds to a disturbing climax. And that final scene..

• Mar 14, 2015

With less dialogue but with bigger budget than the first film this sequel is by far better. Its more twisted and the ending is unforgettable and shocking.

• Alex r Super Reviewer
    Jan 24, 2013

Jörg Buttgereit has created a sequel to his schlock fest Nekromantik. With this one, he explores the same tasteless ideas that have made the first one such a controversial film. Pushing the boundaries of good taste yet again, Buttgereit recycles idea from his first shameful movie and tries to create something new. The only problem is, is that this is still a dreadful piece of reprehensible trash that never should have existed in the first place. The sequel is nothing new, and doesn't add anything more to the "story" of the first. This is still the same thing, and pushes the envelope just for the sake of disturbing the audience. If you've seen the first one, then you've seen this one. This film isn't worth your time, and it a poor attempt at Exploitation cinema. This was awful the first time around, why would it be good the second time around? Exploitation films tend to go in bad taste department with extremely low budgets, controversial plotlines, excessive gore and violence, but this one goes beyond that. There is not a single redeeming factor about this film; it is disgusting, vile and repulsive. If you're looking for effective shock, look elsewhere. You won't find anything of value here. This is a sloppily crafted film that just reeks of bad taste. There is nothing new here, just the same old crap we've seen before, and with that said, and it is definitely not worth your time. This depravity at its lowest and I can't believe that people consider this a good film. This is an exercise in shock pure and simple and the director simply wanted to push the envelope and he did that, but in doing that he didn't create anything that has any entertainment value. The film was horrible and it is one of the most disturbing and sickening films that I have seen. Avoid like the first film, and if critics think that mainstream Slasher films are in poor taste I wonder what they would think of this one and its predecessor.

• Jan 07, 2013

If anything, this sequel is worse than the original.

If anything, this sequel is worse than the original.

• Dec 29, 2012

I saw this as part of a triple-bill in 1991 - A Better Tomorrow III and Nocturnal Demon were also playing - at The Scala Cinema in London's Kings Cross. Nekromantik 2 made for grim, suffocating viewing and I can't imagine ever watching anything like it ever again. I chalk this one up to morbid curiosity and the folly of youth.

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Dec 29, 2012

Oh Gosh, they actually made a sequel out of this? The sequel has better editing but the acting was way worse than the first film. It's still extremely grotesque and disturbing, not for anyone's liking for sure. Many flaws could be found but we could actually have some more understanding of necrophilliacs this time.

• Sep 02, 2012

Ahh, another crapfest from German shizamaster Jörg Buttgereit. Thank God for whoever invented the FF button.

• Mar 03, 2012

These Germans got the sequel right. The original will always have its place. But 2 is great and told from a female point of view. Not one but 2 surprises in this ones ending!!!

• Oct 05, 2010

I gotta say I liked this one better then the first one. As far as story goes, this one has more of a story then the original. Its just as gorey and shocking if not more, but with a story attached and not just mindless sex with dead bodies and murder of animals in like in the first one, this film comes on top. It has one of the dopest endings I've seen in a while.

• Aug 27, 2010

Not as good as the first one... Ugh I feel nasty for saying that about a film dealing with necrophilia... Disgusting and creepy but a great underground film. It has scenes that dragged on but it had scenes that made you really want to puke. A pleasurable film for any horror fan with a strong stomach