The Net Reviews

• Jan 22, 2021

Sandra does a good job in this one. A computer analyst discovers a backdoor program set to infiltrate all government data giving the holder unlimited power. Now she's a part of the problem they need to get rid of.

• Nov 14, 2020

Good enough of a watch, might watch again, but can't honestly recommend. The biggest problem is just that the movie is dated. The entire movie is based off a fear mongering joke/concept that our lives are controlled by computers, which in 1995 wasn't really the case, but in 2020 is much more true in the way that the movie wants to say. What actually makes the movie is that the movie isn't centered on manipulating the information, but uses it as adversity that the protagonist can overcome. Essentially this comes down to a "average person" in a "spy movie" trope. I think puzzle fans will like this one as it is a lot of "If X and Y, then what do you do?". And we know Sandra Bullock doesn't shy away from a little action.

• Oct 07, 2020

creepy and a relevant fear (if a bit outdated)

creepy and a relevant fear (if a bit outdated)

• Jul 08, 2020

It ties itself to strongly to the technology of the time making it obsolete almost immediately.

• May 16, 2020

Pretty captivating for a "bad movie" viewing. It's not great in any sense, but it's a fun watch.

• May 12, 2020

It's meaningful when I think of this movie in 2020 during COVID-19. If "Shelter in place" is getting longer and we're forced to work from home.. It will be very interesting!

• Apr 17, 2020

Mediocre, silly and predictable thriller with no clue about what the internet is; Sandra Bullock alone carries the show.

• Apr 14, 2020

i recently watched the movie and was so scary as i remembered an ok movie

i recently watched the movie and was so scary as i remembered an ok movie

• Feb 19, 2020

Great movie reminds me of me. If you watch it now it seems ancient. It is a classic must see!

• Apr 26, 2019

Although not loved by many people; 1995's The Net is a sturdy production thanks to Sandra Bullock's strong acting skills. What lasting key point The Net leaves with us is the danger of technology being used inappropriately with our very identify and privacy being at stake. George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four rings loudly in my psyche when watching this film. In todays world of 5-eyes alliance, mass surveillance by our world governments, suspicion of every citizen where everything from our internet history, phone calls, sms, email and IP addresses are recorded - to be blunt. The plot premise of The Net isn't as far fetched as we once thought...