The New Daughter Reviews

• Oct 07, 2018

It was alright. More annoyed that it ended on a cliff hanger. If I knew it ended with a part 2 option, I wouldn't have watched this without it's follow up sequel. Why make a 1st movie and not the 2nd edition??

• Sep 21, 2018

Arghh... I watched it late at night and it creeped me out and I can't go to bed. Not a fan of creepy movies. It isn't a great movie, but they do a good job on the suspense, and I liked the son. Costner wasn't bad. Most of the rest of the supporting cast was rather throw away (literally)

• Aug 06, 2018

Very creepy and great use of Native American history and folk lore. This doesn't deserve the bad rating people have been giving it. Would be nice to see a sequel and more on the creatures and the transformations.

• Aug 02, 2018

In all honesty, I expected better. While it had the backstory for the family, it could have used mpre for the Professor and the Mounds rather than just shoving a small bit of info in your face at once. The daughter also annoyed me. I understand teenage girls are moody and a pain but this didn't fit what a teenage girl actually is. They only made her disobedient when she needed something directly afterwards because she got sick, or this or that... The father was a Good father, but I wish he was more assertive when controlling his daughter better instead of letting her talk back and walk away. I understand he is new, but in reality, no parent lets their kid talk back to them like that especially if the parent fears them to be in danger. I felt the movie was constantly leading up to something great but it plummeted at the end. What was up with that ending???? Upon reading the rest of the reviews, many people didnt understand it.

• Apr 12, 2018

It’s not the worst Kevin Costner movie I’ve seen. I think it’s way better than the reviews say, but not something to get yours hopes up for. If you’re a horror fan it kept me entertained.

• Feb 18, 2018

This movie changed my life! Best Costner movie since Waterworld! I believe this movie would change the world. I don’t know how but it will. But possibly there would be peace on earth and good will towards men. Damn my nipples are hard! Does Kevin Costner do that to anyone else or is it just me?

• Nov 07, 2017

Just plain and boring. Nothing original

Just plain and boring. Nothing original

• Oct 30, 2017

oh Kevin Costner...has it come to this?

oh Kevin Costner...has it come to this?

• Oct 17, 2017

This actually started out ok! Then...they lost me at the moment the animalistic-alien/humanoid-sea-urchin creature was revealed!! I was totally prepared, and actually looking forward to, an old American Indian they-removed-the-headstones-but-left-the-bodies type of curse! This took a turn for the ultimate worst FAST!! Not to mention Kevin Costner's signature one-look-on-my-face-regardless-of-the-scene!!! Why do I torture myself & give movies like this valuable time that I will NOT get back??? And that ending!!!???!!!!??? OMG! UGH!!!

• Oct 10, 2017

I can't understand all the bad reviews myself ... I felt it was better than average all the way around including the storyline and the acting not to mention the superb cinematography !! Worth watching I think !!!