Next - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Next Reviews

½ September 17, 2017
Professor Nicholas Xavier-Cage
September 15, 2017
I'm still not sure if this has a clever ending, or no ending at all. Either way, you still feel a little cheated at the end.
July 19, 2017
An intriguing idea with a clever, if unsatisfying ending. It's largely fun whilst you're watching it but ultimately rather forgettable.
July 4, 2017
A great movie to emphasize that timing is everything!
June 5, 2017
Plot hole after plot hole after plot hole after plot hole
½ April 14, 2017
I never have liked Nicholas Cage in a role with a romantic involvement or interest, but as a thought-provoking sci-fi idea, the execution was excellent.
April 10, 2017
It's actually not that bad. Very interesting concept and nice special effects. Of course if you are a fan of Nick Cage, then who cares.
March 20, 2017
This is the most stupid film ever, and Cage's hair! Ergghh!
February 28, 2017
Don't agree with any of the critics. This was a great and fun film to watch. As entertaining as it gets. No not the most incredible writing ever or most in depth character development but who cares? I had a great time and was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Love this movie for what it is!!!
½ February 2, 2017
File this one under the "boring action film" category of Nic Cage's 2000s filmography. (Other categories include "cliched revenge thriller" and "cheesy epic.") There is a nugget of a good idea for an entertaining B-movie. He plays a cheesy Vegas magician who can see 2 minutes into his own future. But this film does very little with that. Most of the film is either Cage trying to evade the Feds (the good guys) who need his help, or Cage wooing Jessica Biel (sooooo creepy!). No crazy Cage acting either, although he does have a weird hairdo. Pointless and not fun. Ugh.
January 3, 2017
The idea is interesting and the way it's used can be perplexing and exciting, but it's over worn format and plot and poor CGI makes you want to vomit and die of boredom.
½ December 18, 2016
Unrealistic characters, bad acting, awful ending.
October 23, 2016
The plot twist at the end of this movie was so good when i saw it in theaters I dedicated, vomited, and urinated simultaneously with a 5 feet kill radius. Some families are pressing charges but honestly it was completely worth it. I love Cage's use of his eyebrows and eye-twitches to communicate with his audience when he isn't whispering his audible chocolate into our ears. Jessica Biel is so lucky to be in this movie I honestly think this saved her career thanks to working with Nicholas. I have a terrible debt problem, I think about suicide whenever I try to go to sleep.
½ September 8, 2016
Great idea really bad movie
July 27, 2016
Me And My Brother Jesse Krajci Both Like Nicolas Cage.
jamrcla
½ July 25, 2016
A film where someone can see 2 minutes into the future was always going to be difficult to understand and in a way it was but it was different, Nothing like we thought it would be it had some good action scenes, As much as the ending annoyed me it fit into the film nicely, Nic Cage was good but I think someone like Tom Cruise would of played it better (No offence Nic) It does leave you trying to work things out in your head and they used his future gift to put in some shock tactics and it all worked, It's by no means a classic but it's as good as it was ever going to be, Even with some cheap effects in places.
½ May 9, 2016
Well, Biel looks really hot here....The idea isn't a bad one, but its difficult to present I think and have it make clear sense. If you suspend all sense of logic over his abilities and how he uses them and how the plot unfolds... It can be entertaining.
April 1, 2016
The movie is reasonable but i'd have to say maybe more could of been done and doesn't have much of a re-watchability factor
March 11, 2016
Next is a disappointing film. It is about a magician who can see into the future is pursued by FBI agents seeking to use his abilities to prevent a nuclear terrorist attack. Nicolas Cage and Julianne Moore give terrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. Lee Tamahori did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
½ February 28, 2016