Nil by Mouth Reviews

• Mar 30, 2019

some things to like about this but i just thought it was irritating

some things to like about this but i just thought it was irritating

• Sep 24, 2017

Well, the whole drama is in this. The happier time to enjoy drinking alcohol for people to get drunk filled with booze. For me, I drink coke, Diet Coke that is. Why? Because you're about to witness the British Drama filled with good performance from all the British actors/actresses in this dark and berserk film that actor Gary Oldman has directed. Nil By Mouth. And get this: it is absolutely berserk cause it has too many sexual swear words in it. Plus the fact that it's not the only film that ever had too much swearing. Well, I don't want to offend you guys for saying this, so please, brace yourselves. It had 428 F words in it and 92 (the you know what) words. Shocking, isn't it? The Wolf of Wall Street did that. What about it? The domestic violence is brutal for the most part so I guess that's all I can tell you all about it. Thank you for stick up with me on this review. This review is nothing to offend. This movie had a winner of 2 BAFTA Awards.

• May 14, 2016

This deserves a watch just for the performances of the entire cast. Admittadely it wasn't such a challenge for them to portray typically annoying loud mouthed Cockneys but Gary Oldman has directed a very hard hitting gritty story with some strong messages in that many people can learn from, especially Cockneys.

• Nov 10, 2014

Big cast and has a good reputation but the film didn't quite do it for me. More an 18 rated version of a typical Eastenders eoisode. Derek Branning is in it! Cigarettes, alcohol, substance misuse all are major elements of this gritty British movie. The first ten minutes or so set in some Sarf London gaff are just anecdotes from Ray Winstone's character. I really did think what am I watching here. However as the film progresses the grug abuse, alcoholism and domestic abuse storylines with Ray Winstone as the central character it seems begin to unravel. The film was directed by Gary Oldman of The Firm, Robocop (new version) and Tinker, Taylor Soldier Spy fame. Winstone probably gives his most dramatic performance since Scum even if it is littered with foul language and fists. Worth a watch.

• Jun 02, 2014

gente feia, decadente, drogada, violelenta, burra, perdida.... coisa mais linda esse filme. huauhahuuhaa

• Mar 18, 2014

Gary oldman's 1997 film "nil by mouth" is undoubtedly the most emotionally powerful, brutal, out of hand film I've ever seen. It is more of a documentary the acting is so good and realistic. The film has great emotional power in it in that this is the way many households are throughout the world. The film definitely won't appeal to most due to it's sheer brutality and ugliness. But for you people who want a different kind of film experience I urge you to check this one out a solid 5/5 for me.

• Feb 27, 2014

This is what Eastenders would really be like if the BBC had a pair of bollocks. Marking Gary Oldman's directorial debut, it's clearly a partly autobiographical story about a middle class family on a Laaaaaaandon haaaaasing estaaaaate, Ray Winstone is the alcoholic, abusive and violent father, Kathy Burke his timid wife and Leila Morse as Kathy Burke's mum. Ray & Kathy also have a junkie son. There's not much story as such, just a lot of faaaaacking swear words (especially the C-word), but it's still an intense, gritty and challenging drama. Personally, I think a better job was done in the New Zealand film Once Were Warriors, which has a very similar theme. Perhaps this would have had more impact on me if I watched it nearer it's release. There's several movies like this each year now which I dub the 'Danny Dyer Genre' Now that bloke is a faaaaacking caaaaaant.

• Dec 19, 2013

Honestly I felt like I was watching one REALLY REALLY Long British soap opera..And everything is all over the place it's hard to keep track with what's happening. With in 30mins I was turning it off.

• Dec 18, 2013

grim, disturbing and disgusting. but good.

grim, disturbing and disgusting. but good.

• Dec 03, 2013

Gritty as fu** but brutally real!

Gritty as fu** but brutally real!