No Man's Land Reviews

• Jul 30, 2019

No Man's Land is structurally disparate and much less interesting in the first half, but the second half is so powerful as the movie so tragically showcases how the foreign influences have basically shaped and built the Bosnian war. The movie thus succeeds as a surprisingly strong anti-war vehicle where this conflict in particular is portrayed as foolishly unnecessary and orchestrated by other nations.

• Jun 08, 2018

6/7/18 Netflix DVD A really interesting story with sarcasm, horrors of war, complex interpersonal play, and a particularly thought provoking finale. Seek this one out, it is a quick 1:38 and worth every minute.

• Jan 20, 2018

The reasons to start wars are always so complicate and messy you could study them weeks. The simplicity of 2 men trying to kill each other for reasons they don't even know, though, is very clear and shocking. And that's what this movie show us. A parable of the circus of war. I liked it, still I was expecting more from this academy award winner.

• Oct 10, 2016

A really good, unusual film. A refreshing take on an important subject in an age of reality tv and shallow topics.

• Aug 23, 2016

No Man's Land is a 2001 war film that is set in the midst of the Bosnian War. The film is a parable and marked the debut of Bosnian writer and director Danis Tanovi?. This war film, set during a recent war in the former Yugoslavia, depicts the folly and tragedy of war, with some humour along the way. With a unique screenplay and solid performances, this Bosnian film has numerous layers which keeps the viewer wondering about the final outcome. AAWFL GGWF 1001

• Sep 07, 2015

Funny. Understated. Absurdly true.

Funny. Understated. Absurdly true.

• Jun 09, 2015

When I take a chance on a movie I know nothing about it usually does not end well but No Mans Land brings that"this is why I watch movies'faith back.Terrific movie....Bravo.

• Dec 30, 2014

terrific film, an original take on the war movie genre, will leave you in suspense throughout as to the fate of the protagonists, can't recommend enough

• Jun 28, 2014

I don't know how I could have dealt with it if it had happened in real life! It's already an unbearable tragedy as a fiction story!

• Jun 01, 2014