The Nude Bomb (The Return of Maxwell Smart) Reviews

• Jul 23, 2016

The Nude Bomb is a funny 80's comedy, but made more for Get Smart fans than regular filmgoers.

• Jan 31, 2015

Pretty lame. But what do you expect from Get Smart?

Pretty lame. But what do you expect from Get Smart?

• Nov 09, 2014

***Due to the recent RT changes that have basically ruined my past reviews, I mostly only giving a rating rather than a full review.***

• Mar 26, 2014

tv series 'get smart' gets the big screen treatment with mixed results.

tv series 'get smart' gets the big screen treatment with mixed results.

• Feb 01, 2014

My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.

My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.

• Sep 10, 2013

I haven't seen this movie in ages. When I saw that it was on Netflix Streaming, I had to watch it again. Bomb is right. This movie is terrible, A total disappointment for all fans of the original Get Smart from the 60s. This movie is so bad, it makes the recent remake with Steve Carell look good.

• Feb 17, 2013

The Nude Bomb features mainly recycled gags from the Get Smart TV series, and since it doesn't really try anything new then die hard fans of Get Smart may be disappointed by the final product. But I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. It lacked the originality of the original TV series as well as the charisma and many of the cast members, as well as the participation of Mel Brooks, but it matched it with the level if silliness, some good laughs and a good lead from Don Adam's in his iconic role. The Nude Bomb was also filmed on good locations and features a good soundtrack, and I found that I was laughing enough times for me to consider it a good film, so all in all The Nude Bomb was fairly ok and is definitely way underrated and top unknown for a film based on the classic comedy series Get Smart.

• Dec 19, 2012

Would you believe a film entitled "The Nude Bomb" was only rated PG? Featuring the comedic talents of Don Adams in the role of Maxwell Smart, the film lacked the chemistry and exceptional writing which was the hallmark of the original series. An amusing spy spoof, but the film falls short of its true potential.

• Dec 15, 2012

How can anyone not love this movie? http://youtu.be/anROOuqXGqY

How can anyone not love this movie? http://youtu.be/anROOuqXGqY

• Nov 20, 2012

I've actually wanted to see this movie for some time, but it's been kind of tough to find. Now that I've seen it, I have to say that it was definitely NOT worth the wait. They did not "up the ante" at all when they made this movie; it looks and feels exactly like an episode of the TV series, except in widescreen and without the laugh track to let you know when what you just saw was supposed to be funny. Apparently they thought the other people with you in the movie theater would laugh at the right times and help you out... no such luck when you're watching it on TV. And there's no Agent 99, the Chief is a different actor... heck, the spy organization isn't even called CONTROL (it's called PITS, for goodness sake). Really, it's a disappointment. The only thing that even makes it worth watching at all (almost the only thing that connects it to the TV series, really, outside of the cheap production values) is that Smart says each of his signature lines ("Missed it by that much", "That's the second biggest _______ I've ever seen!", "Would you believe...", etc.) at least once. I wonder.... was this whole movie just conceived as a very long advertisement for the Universal Studios theme park?