Once in the Life Reviews

• Sep 24, 2014

I Like the way it starts!

I Like the way it starts!

• Jul 24, 2014

Rotten blaxploitation trash. I paused and paid attention to the terrible dialogue for a moment and counted SEVEN "fucks" in two lines. That kind of writing is hard to watch.

• Jan 25, 2009

Although my expectations weren't high for this movie coming in, I was still a little disappointed with it. I thought it was at least going to have more action in it but it didn't deliver on that. Just a lot of repetitive talking. Not worth watching.

• Jul 16, 2007

Laurence Fishburne established himself as one of the most compelling actors making films today with simmering performances that command the screen. With Once in the Life, a tale of small-time crooks on the run from a heist gone wrong, he adds ...

• Jul 13, 2007

excellent film but more like a play due to the pacing

excellent film but more like a play due to the pacing

• Jul 06, 2007

This is Reservoir Dogs without the Diamond Heist set-up and the all-out hipster bullshit.

• Jun 08, 2007

Great story and great acting. Laurence Fishburne is at his best in this movie.

Great story and great acting. Laurence Fishburne is at his best in this movie.

• Mar 26, 2007

85 % pacent for the film i love it so much

85 % pacent for the film i love it so much

• Mar 15, 2007

poetry; you've got to think that the actors in this one gave up their fee or put the film together themselves; gregory hines, etc. an eyeopener of a film that destroys black and drug sterotypes and comments on the dead end of certain lifestyles

• Jan 16, 2007

I had a small part in this film as the desk clerk at the apartment building. Had alot of great conversation with Lawrence. Great direction. Made me feel comfortable. Thanks Lawrence!