Once Upon a Deadpool - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Once Upon a Deadpool Reviews

January 20, 2019
It doesn´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)t tell you it´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)s just Deadpool 2 with some added scenes. So we just wasted $5 renting it when we´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)ve seen it twice already. Don´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)t bother
½ January 20, 2019
Was a great laugh, I watched it with my bestfriend we could not stop dying of laughter.
½ January 20, 2019
Meh. The R rating is what made deadpool so fun. So, why did they have to make PG-13.
January 20, 2019
I think it was great all the Fred Savage clips had me cracking up and even though it was still pretty bloody and bad for kids under 13. But that is why it has a PG-13 rating.
January 20, 2019
Thank God the real Deadpool 2 was rated R. This really was missing a lot more than i expected it to.
½ January 19, 2019
Fun to watch. My family doesn't like all the Fwords so this was fun to watch together!
½ January 19, 2019
The "Fred Savage" parts only exist to make fun of Deadpool's decision to "lighten up" Deadpool 2 down to a PG-13 rating and overdoes the bleeping. The final product is really just one of the best R-rated movies ever made getting all its cutting bloody violence cut out and replaced with bleeps with nothing fun or new to even make up for it. This movie was just made for China to get the Chinese money.

I also don't like where the DEADPOOL movie series is going - back in 2016, Deadpool was a fun violent movie that was about pushing the boundaries of what a superhero can do by cussing out profanity, making jokes about bleeding and killing, misbehaving and causing trouble and destruction, and engaging in strip clubs and nudity but DP2 is all about CGI, explosions, time travel, introducing more X-Men from the comics and now Once Upon a Deadpool is about trying to make Deadpool a PG-13 hero so that he can join Disney!
January 18, 2019
Nailed it! This is a movie written for me. Watched it with my dad and son, who both loved it, but who didn't get as many of the references and catch the cameos I want delighted to see. So many borrowed lines, songs, and a "made you goodie it" that made me wonder if it was a market test to see if I was going to look it up if I didn't get it, I'm confirming that yes, if you emphasize something, you'll get people who will check. Please, please, please make more!!!!!!!
January 18, 2019
Pool boy with a handheld expletive beeper? Sure, I'll bite.
½ January 18, 2019
I quite enjoyed the first, then loved the second and they somehow managed to keep it just as good. To me proving that the R rating was a cool novelty that has run its course and that its time to let the character get more crafty and creative with the format.
January 17, 2019
This movie was very relative to the modern day saint. The person who is the greatest and most genuine, who wants to die because their life is completely unethical and too painful to live. The person is then required to continue on with their forced reality to do good, and then defend themselves from the reality that makes them want to die. They want to commit suicide and leave this earth because it would better off, but life prevents them from dying because they need people to live torturous lives to account for that community and that characteristic of life. It basically sounds like life and the people living in it, force these people to suffer in silence, and not leave the world through self suicide, because they need these people to deal with the bullshit and pain that life has for everyone to live through. They just are those people who have to live with it more often than any other person.
SUCH A SHITTY LIFE. I CAN RELATE! NO ONE GIVES A FUCK, EVEN IF THEY DO ALL FORMS AS A CRY FOR HELP. SOME WORLD WE LIVE IN.
½ January 17, 2019
same movie, no thanks
½ January 16, 2019
Now I know what dead pool looks like with a PG 13 movie... It takes the soul from Deadpool. Fox found away to make more money...when I frist saw Deadpool I thought finally a marvel movie for grown ups. Thanks for pandering to parents who can't say no to their kids.
½ January 15, 2019
You know what not bad but it feels the same. Once upon a deadpool is a very odd but not a bad film I like it but its the same film of Deadpool 2 with a twist. Well first off its the film that I really love last year and my second favorite film of 2018 but here comes the twist its 14A this time that means they took all of the swearing off and the hardcore bloody violence to make it more safe for kids to watch if they never seen this film before but in a way for people who watch this film already won't be surprise because its the same film but PG-13 and its good but I like the R rated version way better. Now the story is the same story of Deadpool and the characters are the same lovable ones that we love in the film but there is only one character that is brand new is Fred Savage and he was very funny in the film with Deadpool now that was the only parts that I love in this film is Fred Savage and Deadpool they where just too funny together and making it like the princess bride kind a story is great now that was the best put of this film the only best part of the film was those two and that is awesome. Overall once upon a deadpool is a very odd but still a fun film to watch with the same story line of Deadpool 2 but with a twist and its PG-13 this time and the same lovable characters from the film but the only character that is new is again is Fred Savage and you know something lesson learn now we all know that Deadpool is not PG-13 hero he is pure R rated superhero and like that better pure R rated hero but what a good test but stick to R rated deadpool you belong that but not in this film. Good work David Leitch you did a good job making a odd but still fun film of a PG-13 version of a masterpiece of a R rated superhero but next time stick to R rated stylish action film that is when you shine the most but not in this one but good work either way. Good job and well done and always remember Deadpool is R rated forever and PG-13 always R rated.
January 14, 2019
I get the idea of them trying to make the original movie so that younger viewers could see it but never watch a movie that is made for younger viewers as I don't know how this happened but Justice League is better then this. Just dont watch it it still should be MA
January 13, 2019
Deadpool pg13, well at first I wasn't so thrilled to have it as an pg13 but I gave it a chance. Still good enough, sure it's Wade Wells and is still a badass (Oops)
½ January 13, 2019
I have to say I was deeply disappointed in this movie. At it's core it's Deadpool 2, if a toned down for TV version. But no where in the marketing did I remember them saying that. I had seen the trailer and far as I could tell it was just a new Deadpool movie made to be PG-13 as kind a joke towards Disney.

I had no idea they re-released a movie at full price with only a handful of scenes thrown in there with tons more cut out. This should of been a direct to video option, not something put out in theater. Never mind the fact it really didn't disclose it was just D2 any where in the title or trailer.
½ January 13, 2019
Marvels attempt at ripping off the customer, by tricking the customer into watching the same movie over again at Christmas time. Merry Christmas & congratulations Marvel. You really know how to piss people off.
January 11, 2019
Such a great movie, why are people calling it shit?