Parasite (Gisaengchung) Reviews

• 6h ago

Movie is insanely great. Drama, thriller, comedy but with a true show of income inequality.

• 7h ago

I don’t know how to feel but everyone should see it

I don’t know how to feel but everyone should see it

• Stephanie
    8h ago

definitely watch even if you don't find foreign films appealing.

definitely watch even if you don't find foreign films appealing.

• 9h ago

It's not like anything I've ever seen. It's a must-see!

It's not like anything I've ever seen. It's a must-see!

• 10h ago

OMG, this is the most remarkable film of the year, IMHO. It makes a commentary on class distinction from an Asian point of view. I might stretch it to compare it to Downton Abbey, but with more violence at the end. I was so surprised and often shocked at the many twists and turns in this film, I can't even begin to describe them. I had heard a lot of buzz about it from friends who had seen it at festivals, but nothing they said about it prepared me for the huge impact it had on me. It provokes a veritable roller coaster of emotions from hilarity to horror, heartbreak to awareness. The acting is superb, every member of the cast makes a dramatic impact and each character is so distinct yet plays off the others so well. But, the most impactful part of this film is the socio-political message it makes and the class clash. The economic inequality between people from different social classes is played out so enticingly well. The thoughts and behaviors that connect people and promote closeness among their personal interactions within their class is examined and shown so clearly. The ending is so perplexing. Even today, two weeks after I initially saw this film, I was discussing it with a colleague and we differed in how we perceived the ending. I may have to go see it again. It truly is a brilliant piece of filmmaking. This is not a kid or family-friendly film, which we usually review. However, that being said, as a person who greatly respects the art of filmmaking, I felt compelled to review this one, which is outside the KIDS FIRST! norm. Do go to kidsfirst dot org for more reviews of family – friendly films.

• joebobjohn
    1d ago

Bong, baby ...You did it again. This fascinating, master-crafted examination of class oozes intrigue in every frame and it's chaotic crescendo is one sure to latch onto your cinematic memory bank -like a parasite. Refusing relegation to the ranks of forgettable features, Parasite is defiantly, deliciously original storytelling helmed by a mad genius and woven around a delicately balanced cast.

• 2d ago

While I rank among the most novice of viewers in regards to Korean filmmaking (having only seen Oldboy and a couple of Korean films regarded as 'classic' by those who suggested them to me.) I cannot help but sit in awe at Parasite. The film has a solid pace which allows the characters to be observed both in their natural habitat, and that which they invade. Outstanding acting and beautiful blocking allow Parasite to fill above and beyond the usual film, but what really shines is the script. A story difficult to place in terms of genre, it manages to lead the viewer towards each designed motion. A dramatical satire whose social commentary goes beyond riches, as it aims directly towards the nature of people and it is not afraid to go all the way in. In my opinion, a must-see in 2019, and also easily regarded as one of the best films of the decade.

• Quint
    2d ago

By far the best film I've seen all year.

By far the best film I've seen all year.

• 2d ago

At the time I'm writing this, it has 93% approval audience score with 2518 votes which means 7% or 177 of you are complete morons. This movie is an absolute masterpiece. Gripping from start to finish, the entire movie is shot gorgeously, incredible characters with no clean dividing lines of good vs bad and unbelievable ending. This is the best movie of the year and deserves all the praise it gets.

• 2d ago

I did not know that Quentin Tarantino spoke Korean. My favorite scene is the sister sitting on the exploding toilet during the flood. Why in the hell did the father stab the husband? Yeah yeah I know. Moving on , pretty good stuff. More please. By the way sub titles don't mean anything, witness Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Noomi Rapace version).