Parzania Reviews

• Aug 26, 2015

Raw, unforgiving, and historically illuminating look at the tragedies of caste/religious based violence and discrimination in India.

• Jan 17, 2013

People kill people in name of something as foolish as religion and the loss is sufferred by innocents. The people who kill...... Do they belong to any religion? And if they do, then it's not a religion meant for humans. Parzania is a tale which needs to be told, and to be told out loud.

• Oct 29, 2010

A searing commentary on the hyprocrisy that is paraded in the name of faith....

A searing commentary on the hyprocrisy that is paraded in the name of faith....

• Aug 11, 2010

great story.. brilliant act and stupendous dialogues.. the genocide happened in Godhra was utterly unacceptable but I still don't understand why most of the killers still think what they did was for the good of religion.. totally mad! a sensational, disturbing and heart breaking movie.

• Jul 04, 2010

• May 23, 2010

an extremely distubing and thoughtful movie which really makes me feel ashamed of my religion.

• Mar 16, 2010

I just can't stop raving about this sensational film. Directed by RAHUL DHOLAKIA, ''Parzania'' documents the shameful Godhra massacre that cannot be erased and the missing of a Parsi boy Azhar Moddy who got lost in the riot. These heartbreaking stories can never be erased.............. Parsi Couple Cyrus Pithawala (NASEERUDIN SHAH) & Shernaz Pithawala (SARIKA) looses their 10 year old son Parzan (PARZAN DASTUR) in the Godhra carnage. The movies highlight's the struggle of the family in search of their lost child. The movie strikes the right chord, what makes this film so relevant is that movie

• Apr 22, 2009

Movies this good are normally not made in this country. Every scene slices you, dices you up and then refurbishes you back again to make you whole and wonder about the state of India. At the heart of Parzania is a very human question about human nature itself: are we just good or bad, or are we made to be good or bad? Mr Dholakia also reminds us that perhaps there is no good and evil: its just what we perceive. And in doing so, he brings out possibly the finest performances I have ever seen in an Indian film. Without a doubt, the most moving Indian movie I have ever seen.

• Apr 21, 2009

GEM.........................

GEM.........................

• Apr 02, 2009

Well intentioned but lacking.

Well intentioned but lacking.