Patch Adams Reviews

• Oct 05, 2019

Great Movie! I don't understand the hate for this movie! It started the red nose popularity!

• Sep 30, 2019

In my opinion, Patch Adams was a very good movie. I love movies that are based on a true story because it hits people a little different since it is real. Something that I didn't like was Patch's wife, Carin died in the movie. It seems a little random that she just got murdered out of no where and nothing was even shown about the murder. Another thing I disliked was how Patch was being so rude after Carin died and Truman was taking it really hard. Other than those things, I loved the story. It stayed consistent throughout the movie and it was believable. It was believable because of how smart Patch's idea was and how passionate he was about it and how he never gave up to get what he wanted. Patch is a very good actor and that is also why the story was so believable. He showed how much this meant to him and how he wasn't going to give up on this amazing goal he had. The music was at a good volume and didn't distract me from the movie which is a big thing for me. Since the camera had good quality, it made the picturing and editing so much better and easier. This story was just so beautiful. Some parts of the movie were hilarious and some parts were very touching and that's what makes this movie so good. All in all, I would recommend this movie to anyone who wants to laugh a little but still have some touching moments in it. This movie is one of a kind because it is just so amazing how the story is real and how amazing the main character is (Patch) with thinking of this idea of helping people. He uses humanthery in a way no one would ever use it. He could make anyone's day better in just a heartbeat because he was just that special. Patch Adams is a incredicable movie in my opinion. Yes, there are some confusing parts that I wonder why they are in the film but the rest of the movie makes up for them. If you ever get a chance and wondering what movie to watch Patch Adams is such an amazing movie.

• Sep 30, 2019

Based on a true story, "Patch Adams" is a great film that shows the life of an amazing doctor that wants to spread love and laughter to patients, for a healthy emotional and mental health. The more time Patch Adams spends with the patients, the more they feel good about themselves and don't feel like they are dying in a hospital. There are so many reasons as to why this movie was amazing! I believe this movie does an amazing job with giving us, the audience, a message. Whenever other people are hurting (physically or mentally), the best method is to treat them with laughter and happiness. Also for yourself, whenever you are not feeling so good, let others make you laugh! Don't be stubborn. Also, the setting of the movie was absolutely beautiful, directors and producers could have chosen a boring city to record this movie, but they chose a very gorgeous setting. With every movie, there has to some part(s) of the storyline that keeps the audience entertained. Adding the part of one of the main characters dying was a smart idea, and allowed for more emotions about the movie. However, the murder scene could have been better. By better, I mean that by allowing the audience to see a murder scene, that would keep them more entertained. When I watched the movie, I didn't even realize that the murder scene was trying to portray a murder, I only knew it was murder because Patch later gets told that Carin got murdered. Another thing they could've changed about the movie was that they could have made it more accurate. The real Patch Adams didn't have that huge age difference between him and Carin. Also, in real life, Carin was never murdered (which is understandable because it definitely is more entertaining to have a murder scene), and her name was Lynda in real life. Patch and Lynda Adams turned out to be married and had two children. Overall, I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone because it teaches a valuable lesson and is a great movie overall.

• Sep 30, 2019

Patch Adams combines the hardships of medical school with the challenges of a doctor all in one movie. The story is based off of real life events following the life of Patch Adams, a doctor who uses humor therapy to cure his patients. The actors represented the characters they played to the point where you can relate to them on a personal level and the scripts and editing are what you expect of a good movie. Overall a great movie to watch. It isn't the best, but it is surely one you should add to your late night binge watching.

• Sep 30, 2019

Based on a true story, the movie "Patch Adams" is a heartwarming story of an aspiring doctor looking to make an impact in the patients lives. His interactions with the patients is heartwarming and leave the viewer wishing they could all have Patch as their doctor. The story itself commands the viewer's attention and is interesting all the way through. You can't predict what Patch will do since he is a wildcard and always comes up with creative ideas to attract the viewer. The script in this movie was extremely funny and was extremely witty. The lines in the script made sense coming from the characters and made the viewer laugh at Patch's clever and quick comebacks. Although it is unlikely that the characters would say these lines in real life, it still enhanced the story and made it enjoyable. The directing of this movie was well done because the concept was presented very clearly and the plot moved along nicely. The story was put together so well that it didn't interfere with the acting or script. The style is very consistent and takes you along Patch's journey without any confusion. The directing was original and unlike any other movie I have ever seen. Although a great movie, the acting at times was cringy and didn't seem believable. The actors behavior seemed very fake and made it hard to watch. The casting for "Patch" could have been better because he seemed significantly older than the romantic interest and made the viewer uncomfortable at times. The movie being based on a true story, didn't have all of the factual basis and didn't compare well to other true story movies. There was no reason to include Carin's death in the movie because in real life Patch's wife didn't get murdered. I felt like the death was only included to enhance the plot and pose as an obstacle for Patch to overcome but in real life that wasn't an actual challenge for him. The music didn't do much for the movie and was insignificant in many parts. They could have had a better selection of music and put them in at the correct parts of the scene. Instead it took away from the enjoyment of the movie. Overall, everyone should see this movie because it is an amazing true story and takes you on an emotional rollercoaster. The characters are likeable and the story is so pure that it puts you in a great mood after.

• Aug 23, 2019

I decided to watch this movie after seeing a string of violent series on Netflix. Sure, they were entertaining ... but I was left feeling destroyed and depressed by the inhumanity being portrayed. I just needed some warmth to heal my soul ... and this movie delivered. Reading the cynical reviews by obviously learned critics is just too depressing for words. Maybe they could try practicing some 'excessive happiness' themselves. Isn't there enough unhappiness and pain in the world. Do we really need to crush others for attempting to deliver joy? Really!!!

• Aug 18, 2019

Take this film as a substituting figure for the actual person with his valuably inspiring political and passionate stance remained intact though downsized as the mere basis of Robin Williams' conquering portrayal, including how formulaic the real story became that further validates plainly as Williams' film than a biographical film that should justice. It's nonetheless still entertainingly joyful as definite proof on how gifted a person is, both narratively and energetically. (B+)

• Jul 25, 2019

emotional,fun,great story that makes you sentimental,Every one should watch this movie

• Jun 25, 2019

I liked Patch Adams for it's acting plot and humor. It's not perfect and it could have been less crude but overall it's worth the watch.

• Apr 30, 2019

Honestly completely disappointing given my appreciation of Robin Williams, although as an actor he's not really at fault here. His character however is extremely problematic, a flurry of 'wake-woke' analogies that fall completely tone-deaf. I understand their intent was to show emotional care is just as important as physical care, but it's done with such weak trust in its own message that it has to create an 'evil corporation of heartless doctors' as a straw man to compete against. I absolutely believe some doctors are not very good at their jobs, as is likely in any profession, but this film makes a grossly caricatured blanket statement geared towards medical professionals, and science, as a cheap attempt at a societal villain. Patch as a character is truly awful. He details the studies of his classmates for the sake of sexual attraction and teaching his friends the 'right way' to think. His attraction to obvious 'the only thin pretty blonde female in the room' is shallow and creepy. He takes one look at her and pesters her against her wishes. She couldn't make herself more clear, but the film tries to romanticise this as 'ooh I must try harder'... No. Just leave the woman alone. Eventually she gives in to his fake-woke-ness and swoons and allows him to derail her studies despite allowing himself to get the best grades ever (because of course). The character Patch Adams is so over the top, and not in a good way. Every room he's ever in has roared with applause because of something he's done. It honestly makes the character look so self gratifying and selfish, as the needs of his 'patients' are sometimes completely overshadowed by his own desire to show everyone how clever he is. I won't bore anyone with more of this review, but these are just FEW of my reasons for disliking this movie. I couldn't get behind the main character, I didn't agree with the message, and the emotional manipulation was not only toxic but highly obvious. Not to mention it has to be one of the most gut-churningly cheesy films I have seen in a long time.