Peep World Reviews

• Jul 07, 2020

Honestly this was a pretty crazy flick. That family as a whole is beyond f***** up, but at least some of them began to realize & or face some pretty harsh truths about themselves. Honestly feels like there should be a sequel to this.

• Mar 06, 2017

the more comedic the actor, the worse the performance

the more comedic the actor, the worse the performance

• Mar 22, 2016

The movie just feels bland but the cast is pretty damn good.

The movie just feels bland but the cast is pretty damn good.

• Mar 10, 2016

being watching this movie a lot on a 3rd party website and although most people say this movie sucks, I actually like it.

• Dec 27, 2014

Normally I wouldn't consider watching people fight amongst each other a good time, but something about this one was interesting enough that I could actually stand to sit through it. There's not a lot going on, but the family dynamic (or lack thereof) kept my interest and it's a pretty quick watch. The cast is solid too, so it's worth seeing.

• Jul 26, 2014

One line summary: The surfacing of truth is a painful process. ---------------------------- Henry Meyerwitz has four grown children: Jack, the architect; Joel, the lawyer who took 8 times to pass the bar exam; Cheri, the failed artist/actress; Nathan, the writer, who is seven years younger than Cheri. Henry is distant and imperious. Jack is tasked each year with paying for an expensive dinner in honor of Henry's birthday. By Henry's seventieth birthday, family relations have gone from being tense and dysfunctional to harsh and confrontational. The main reason for this change is the wide success of Nathan's book Peep World, which is more than a bit too biographical for the comfort of Cheri, Joel, and Jack. To make things worse, Jack's business and revenue have shrunk, Joel's legal career is at a snail's pace, and Cheri's career is going nowhere. The topper is that Henry has a new girl friend Amy, who is the actress that plays Cheri in the film of Nathan's book. In the hours leading up to the seventieth birthday dinner, the slow burns of the principal characters are exposed. At the dinner, they burst out, capped by Henry's speech returning all their fire. Will the family gain some cohesion out of all this? -----Scores----- Cinematography: 8/10 Well shot for the most part; on Netflix it seemed to have some intervals of focus that was too soft. Sound: 7/10 No particular problems, but I thought the sound could have been more of an asset to the film than it was. Acting: 8/10 The large cast included several skilled actors doing fine work. Screenplay: 5/10 The threads came together well at the end, but I thought the film would have been better without a narrator. Just to be clear, most of the laughs I got out of the film were from Lewis Black's expert delivery--as the narrator. The film was billed as a comedy; why should most of the humor come from the narrator's performance?

• Jul 21, 2014

Basically, Peep Show was like a really long episode of Arrested Development. It was funny, but there really wasn't a story here...

• Jun 09, 2014

Like an unfunny, heavy handed, extremely obvious version of Arrested Development. Has a 30 min long erection joke "ha ha".

• May 10, 2014

A quirky character study of a dysfunctional Jewish family consisting of all adults. They gather on the occasion of the father's 70th birthday and discuss enmities resulting from a lifetime of neglect by the father and a not-so fictional account of their lives written by the youngest son. Darkly comedic, witty and sarcastic. Kate Mara steals the show as a PR assistant for the novel writer.

• Feb 25, 2014

I feel like this would be better seen as a play.

I feel like this would be better seen as a play.