Pet Sematary - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pet Sematary Reviews

February 15, 2018
Cheesy and horribly acted for the most part, the melodrama turned me off. A shame since the book was genuinely creepy and held so much potential if were placed in the right hands.
½ February 10, 2018
Decent stephen king adaptation. Now I need to read the book.
½ November 3, 2017
Miko Hughes delivered a good role in playing the kid character, Gage Creed, this was a good movie, with a great cast, and a great premise, but we all have to admit, even though Pet Sematary has not aged well, due to the poor acting, even though a strong cast, this movie kind of makes you cringe in the inside a little bit, but still PS is a iconic Stephen King adaptation
October 23, 2017
Pet Sematary is over the top but still possesses a sense of true sinster darkness to it. It's one of my absolute favorites from my early childhood, and I still love it today. Truly great Stephen King adaptations are hard to come by but Pet Sematary rises to that rare occasion.
½ October 14, 2017
For an old movie, the gore and blood look legit.
½ October 11, 2017
Mary Lambert's depiction of Stephen King's popular novel is strong enough in its first half, allowing for an interesting enough premise and a potential development to generate a certain interest, but as soon as the true plot drops in, the movie falls into and oddly-over the top tone that affects the potential showed in the beginning, something that some fans might find enjoyably enough, or either ridiculous and out of place.
October 5, 2017
The concept of this firm was amazing. the film is less about horror and scare and more about ends a person will go to deal with death. This is one of Stephen Kings better films. Though predictable throughout the whole movie the story itself was well written and enjoying to watch.
October 4, 2017
Despite its silliness, this is a rather fun little horror flick. The perfect type of film to watch around Halloween. The cheese level is rather high and the acting is bad but its a simple and fun story.
October 1, 2017
A twisted family tale that leads to no end but to endure what's left of an undead plot.
½ September 21, 2017
This scared the dog sh*t out of me as a child and therefore holds a lot of weight in my nostalgia department
½ September 10, 2017
If this was a stand alone movie (not based on the epic book) than this movie should be a great scary movie with a great plot. Though, since it is based on a great novel, I must take off points, for it takes out great and important characters, changes parts, and (worst of all) changes the ending. Still a great movie.
½ July 20, 2017
Terrific re-telling of the book.
July 7, 2017
Pretty preposterous, at times dull but overall effectively chilling Stephen King adapted horror flick with decent acting, especially from the veteran Fred Gwynn of The Munsters as brooding neighbor Jud who may have one or two skeletons in the closet.. he serves as the story's real emotional core. His backstory I felt while necessary was a little overinclusive and when it started to drag for me and the stuff with Paqscow seemed as if it was tacked on by King for comedic effect and just to stretch the story out for a novel/feature length movie (I always thought it could've made for a great short story, or even better Tales From The Crypt episode!) However, it all works out in the end because the eerily intense, foreboding atmosphere is what pulls you through for the most part and there are indeed some truly frightening, deeply disturbing moments that will stay with you such as the (SPOILER ALERT!).........death of poor little Gage played wonderfully by Miko Hughes, and the flashback/hallucination scenes of mother Rachel's very, VERY sick sister Zelda who scared immensely this 10 year old boy..and still haunts me to this day. As far as pure horror goes, that has to be worth something! 3 stars
½ July 5, 2017
Maybe i just like this movie because i remember being 6 or 7 and watching it with my dad but this is one of my favorite horror movies and deff the best king movie, for all the people who say how its a silly idea or nothing new, how many horror movies arnt rediculious in one way or another and i buy this "zombie premis" over any bs outbreak of so and so virus that turns people into the walking brain dead who just stumble around with no other purpose then trying to bite or eat the brains of the living. I hate zombie movies with a passion and will not watch any of them period. this is not that at least pet semetary hax a back story as to why things happen and you cant tell me the sister in this movie didnt freak you out a bit or at least give you a sence of dread because you cant be sure there arnt people who look like that from some disease hidden away somewhere in a back room just waiting to die, when i saw this as a kid i had nightmares of her for a week and still get a chill to this day when i think of her. Great movie, great atmosphere, ok acting, 80s effects but all in all a classically creepy stephen king flick
March 13, 2017
One of the worst lead performances I have ever seen. Sister sequence was actually unsettling.
½ February 10, 2017
Turns a terrific book into a hokey comedy.
½ February 5, 2017
Entertaining Steven king movie with the dad from the Munsters
½ January 21, 2017
Good 80s horror vibe, had its tense moments, some scary parts with kid, watched over multiple settings. Ends with him resurrection of wife and she kills him, great ending song by Ramones
½ October 29, 2016
Very disturbing horror movie, with unsettling themes and atmosphere. Acting is pretty low level, but is forgivable since the main advantage of the movie is its horrific ambience.
½ October 24, 2016
Solid King flick, bits of creepy wrapped in a tragic story. Church and Jud lead the way in this one.