Pieces of April Reviews

• 20m ago

Kate Holmes is excellent! This is such a moving little indie film. I can relate to this film as far as having an estranged family growing up from the suburbs, having to be the scapegoat of the family and living in an opposite type of neighborhood. She was brave to invite her estrange family even with all the obstacles she had to endure with the preparations of dinner in the name of her Mother dying of cancer. It's the percect example of a Thanksgiving dinner with family imperfections.

• Feb 11, 2019

Katie did a good job & her mom. That's real life - with a good ending. I did that years ago.

• Feb 09, 2019

I watched it in 30 minutes.

I watched it in 30 minutes.

• Jan 03, 2019

Really really touching and real movie, one of my favs!

Really really touching and real movie, one of my favs!

• Feb 18, 2018

A funny and thoughtful little film. Actually it is so good that even Katie Holmes becomes lovable at the end of it.

• Apr 17, 2017

i like being surprised. this was a well done movie. excellent acting. nice story. great screenplay.

• Apr 06, 2017

Pieces of April has an affectingly honest script and charming performances that make it a compelling calling-card from writer-director Peter Hedges.

• Dec 28, 2016

It's the pretty essential early 2000s low-budget Indie film with forced dysfunctional family drama and a rebellious woman at the front of it, but besides all that, there are very funny moments and it doesn't overly push its sentimental themes.

• Dec 18, 2016

Very nice movie with a lovely ending. Love Patricia Clarkson!

Very nice movie with a lovely ending. Love Patricia Clarkson!

• Sep 29, 2016

Found this little gem of a movie streaming on Stan. Katie Holmes (pre-Tom) is just wonderful in this movie. Reminiscent of the series The Big C with Oliver Platt, I wonder if it was inspiration for it? It's now 13 years old and this film really deserves to be seen.