Movies Like Pink Panther 2

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Pink Panther 2 Reviews

Phil H

February 15, 2009
I dunno why I watched this I really don't, maybe cause I'm a sucker for Steve Martin and his classic looney old days, aaah so good. The first Panther was actually reasonably funny in places, the hamburger scene was hilarious, trying to park his little smart car, Martin and Reno in skin tight leotards creeping around haha

This second venture is just a rehash of the first in everyway, all the jokes have been seen in the original Sellars films AND the original Martin version, they have basically just gone over old ground yet again, absolutely nothing original here. The prat falls, jokes and set ups are so predictable and childish its embarrassing, the only amusing part was at the start when Cleese finds out he is being overlooked for a position in the 'dream team' for 'Clouseau', don't bother.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

September 20, 2011
Sequel to Pink Panther is just as bad as the first. Steve Martin's inspector Clouseau is unfunny and quite irritating, instead of being funny. I felt that this film missed the mark. This is an awful sequel to an already awful film. I really don't know why this was made. The first film was dreadful. The acting and story felt out of place, and nothing really fit. I had a hard time watching this. I had a hard time finishing it, and when it was over, I was relieved. This film sucked. Everything about it was bad. I usually like Steve Martin, but in this film along with the first film, it was terrible. Just bad. I can't grasp at how bad this one was. The humor is shallow, stupid and really doesn't feel right. The film sets the lowest standards for mediocrity. This is an awful sequel that has some of the most stupid moments that I have seen. I really don't get why this film was made. Steve Martin is painfully annoying in the role of Clouseau, and he makes the film not enjoyable whatsoever. If you've seen the first film, then you don't need to see this film. This sequel is stupid, badly conceived and above all, a waste of time. Avoid this film; you'll be glad you did. There's nothing to be had here except, tired irritating comedy. I've seen such a poorly made comedy since Dumb and Dumberer. The Pink Panther 2 fails to deliver good, genuine laughs.
Thomas J

February 4, 2009
As much as I love Steve Martin.... his Inspector Clouseau character is too much of a buffoon versus accidentally ingenious. More annoying than the Insp. Clouseau he could portray in a more clever way. John Cleese offers the only really brilliant comedic performance.
KJ P

February 5, 2010
This was stupider, more ridiculous and obnoxious than the first. It has less slapstick, however claims to be be worse in every way possible. However, the only reason I give it a small amount of credit, is because it is so completely stupid, that it sometimes becomes hilarious!
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 15, 2009
Les meilleurs inspecteurs du monde font équipe...cherchez l'intrus!
skactopus
skactopus

October 18, 2009
Harald Zwart steps in for Shawn Levy to helm the comedic mystery known as The Pink Panther 2.As far as this film is concerned, it stands alone from the first installment. The only thing connecting the 2 are the characters, their relationships, and the pink panther diamond."Let me bring you up to speed... We know nothing. You are now up to speed." The story does have its funny moments, thanks to the Clouseau character, however there are times where the romantic subplots tend to get in the way of the fun, despite the fact that they create some fun of their own. The same can be said about the so called "Dream Team," who tend to take away from the focus of Inspector Clouseau.Steve Martin, yet again, delivers a funny portrayal of the Inspector. Jean Reno and Emily Mortimer successfully reprise their roles, while Andy Garica, Alfred Molina, and the gorgeous Aishwarya Rai show up as some of the new characters.With the same style and atmosphere as its predecessor, The Pink Panther 2 isn't a waste of 90 minutes.
MissMorganLeee
MissMorganLeee

February 23, 2009
iit might have been b/c i was sick but i thougth this movie was hillarious!
Roy G

September 28, 2009
Steve Martin again steps into Peter Sellers?s long-vacated shoes and finds his feet are so small he can?t stand up to original bungling French cop Inspector Clouseau.
Al S

January 29, 2008
A wild, charming and wickedly enjoyable comedy. A comic gem of good old fun. A slick piece of genious. Steve Martin delivers the laughs and fantastic physical comedy to this very loveable and popular character. Flat-out hilarious and tremedously fun from start to finish. The cast is absolutely wonderful. Steve Martin and Jeno have great chemistry. Alfred Molina, Andy Garcia, Yuki Matsuzaki, John Cleese and Aishwarya Rai are teriffic. This cast strikes gold as a very funny and charasmatic team.
Chris G

March 25, 2009
Steve Martin returns as an impersonation of Peter Sellers playing Insp. Clouseau in Pink Panther 2, whose title is as dry as the first film. Couldn' t they have called it ___________ of the Pink Panther? Who knows?

This time a master thief called the Tornado is stealing priceless artifacts which inevitably leads to the theft of the Pink Panther diamond. A dream team of detectives (Andy Garcia, Alfred Molina, Yuki Matzuzaki, and Aishwarya Rai) are dispatched with the bumbling Clouseau to find the treasures.

I will admit to liking this film more than the previous installment. It harkens back to the original, superior films. There were some parts that didn't work, but in the end it was an OK family comedy. It has problems, such as John Cleese as Chief Inspector Dreyfuss. I'm not bashing Cleese because he was totally suited for the role and blew away Kevin Kline. This is a typical Cleese role. The problem was that he didn't have a French accent. He had the John Cleese accent. And I know damn well he can do a French accent because of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Come on John, say "I fat in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your sister smelt of elderberries!"

In the end this is geared toward children and kids will enjoy its pratfalls and such, missing the cringeworthy moments and plot holes. The funny thing is that kids don't really take to Seller Panther films. As I said, it beats the last film and is a tolerable thing to see when nothing else is on.
Jose Z

March 6, 2009
The Pink Panther 2 its almost the same the first Pink Panther the only things that change are some members of the cast. Yes its funny but some jokes were repetitive. The plot is well developed but it is also a little predictable. Insp. Jacques Clouseau teams up with a squad of International detectives who are just as bumbling as he is. Their mission: Stop a globe-trotting thief who specializes in stealing historical artifacts. The cast is really good Steve Martin is hilarious as Inspector Clousseau, Andy Garcia, Alfred Molina and Jean Reno forget drama for a moment to perform in really funny roles and John Cleese is excellent also.. In conclusion, Pink Panther 2 is an entertaining movie but not as funny as the first one.
Sophie B

February 22, 2009
This was just one of the funniest, silliest, but also cleverst movies ever! It takes you away from real life and it's just so enjoyable. So funny.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

February 7, 2009
Pretty descent comedy, i would say just as funny as the first one. Steve Martin nails his part as a Inspector Clouseau. Jacques Clouseau teams up with a squad of International detectives who are just as bumbling as he is. Their mission: Stop a globe-trotting thief who specializes in stealing historical artifacts.
Dann M

June 26, 2013
Inspector Clouseau is on the case once again in The Pink Panther 2. When a notorious thief known as The Tornado comes out of retirement a crack team of Europe's top investigators is assembled to catch him, with Inspector Clouseau leading the charge. Steve Martin, Jean Reno, and Emily Mortimer return, and are joined by Andy Garcia, John Cleese, and Alfred Molina. The slapstick comedy is way overdone, and there's no subtlety to it. Still, some of the ridiculousness is just too funny. The Pink Panther 2 isn't as good as the first film, but it delivers plenty of laughs.
Sean N.
Sean N.

April 2, 2010
Steve Martin may be the only reason why this movie doesn't have a 0 rating on this site. The problem with this sequel is that it's the same plot: The Pink Panther diamond gets stolen (again), 'cept in this one, Clouseau gets some allies (who are bumbling like him) and a couple of other artifacts are stolen. Another thing, why couldn't they get Kevin Kline to reprise his role?
Bradley J.
Bradley J.

March 29, 2010
Dull most of the time. Overall Rating:37
Jeff B.
Jeff B.

July 15, 2010
Steve Martin flummoxed about on the screen for 90 minutes this weekend...to what end, this reviewer does not have a clue. The white-haired comedian, who once famously wore a fake arrow around his head, would be better dignified in putting an actual arrow through his brain as opposed to putting audiences through this color-by-numbers malarkey. This is the same literate funnyman who wrote the near-classic stage comedy Picasso at the Lapine Agile, so why are moviegoers seemingly buying him a Barbie Dream House for channeling Mack Sennet and Pepe Le Pew in a hodge podge of slap-sticky un-fun for the whole family? In an age when Pixar films (Toy Story, WALL-E) manage to be intelligent, insightful, AND clownish entertainment for the G-rated masses, there is no need for this Z-grade buffoonery.

In this PG-rated sequel, Inspector Clouseau (Martin) must team up with a squad of detectives (Andy Garcia, Alfred Molina, et al) to catch a globe-trotting diamond thief.

If the French love the comic stylings of Jerry Lewis, than they will love being reduced to one-note child's play by a man once known for his brilliant standup. Oh wait, 'love' is not the word...it's hate. Through the running time of the movie (and this reviewer got whiplash from checking his watch so often), it proved amazing to watch the awed expressions of the actors playing witness to Clouseau's incessant bumbling...and then watching the same expressions on the faces of the audience who just plucked down cold hard cash to watch a palsied Charles Boyer, er, Martin defecate on his CV.

Bottom line: One in the stink
Steven V

February 25, 2009
"Let me bring you up to speed... We know nothing. You are now up to speed." - Insp. Jacques Clouseau

In 2006, The Pink Panther was revived, with Steve Martin playing Insp. Jacques Clouseau, the bumbling French idiot detective we all have come to know and love. The movie was made by Shawn Levy, and now we have Pink Panther 2, this time with Harald Zwart behind the camera. This movie is definitely one of the funniest entries in the Pink Panther legacy. New to the arsenal of actors, we have John Cleese as Chief Inspector Dreyfus (instead of Kevin Kline), Alfred Molina as Pepperidge, Andy Garcia as Vicenzo, Yuki Matsuzaki as the nerdy Kenji and Aishwarya Rai as Sonia. All are wonderful in their performances! The characters are all lovable, and yet a new plot has been cooking up too. In this hilarious new entry, there is a new thief in town, entitled The Tornado. Simply put, there is no need to compare this to the older entries, because this is just as funny as the older ones. Steve Martin is wonderful yet again as Insp. Jacques Clouseau and is at the top of his game, giving his best performance since his performance as Orin in Little Shop of Horrors. John Cleese is hilarious too as Chief Inspector Dreyfus and Alfred Molina is pretty funny too. But who really steals the show is Lily Tomlin as Mrs. Berenger. She definitely has some of the funniest scenes in the movie. Just how she always jumps in with the Political Corectness factor makes you laugh out loud. Sure, there are some discrepancies - Yes the opening credits (while funny) carry on for on a tad longer than they need to, yes some jokes are a bit repetitive, but overall, this is a hilarious success, and one of the best Pink Panther movie.
SC007
SC007

February 17, 2009
Overall, this film was entertaining and decent. I thought that the comedy pacing was off in this film as oppose to the first film. Meaning that too much time went by between jokes, rather than a smooth comical rhythm that the first film had. The first film was much funnier than this film, but the film does have a few funny moments. Steve Martin is ok as Clouseau but in both films, never captures the charm, comic timing, or naturalness that Peter Sellers did in the role. I thought Kevin Kline did a much better job as Dreyfuss than John Cleese did in the sequel. I found the thief and where the pink panther was predictable. I did like seeing Steve Martin reunited with his All of Me co-star Lilly Tomlin in this film. They have great comic timing and great on screen chemistry. I think the story would have been much tighter and better, if they did another rewrite.
Juan C

May 28, 2011
it has the same similaritys like the first, and yes it's mildly entertaining, but it's sortof goofy with laughs that will satisfy people. B