Pink Panther 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pink Panther 2 Reviews

½ October 25, 2017
The original was a classy adult film, about a man who just happened to be clumsy or unlucky who was also genuinely (but lovingly) oblivious. What sold it was that Peter Sellars acted Cluso seriously, not trying to look funny, and everyone did their best to act sophisticated regardless. In the Pink Panther 2, they play up the try-hard in the writing and acting so hard that nothing is funny but it's too stupid for adults. In my opinion, instead of resting on his laurels as a "funny man", Martin should have spent way more time in the role before keeping takes. Jean Reno's accent was better in the Da Vinci code, but aside from that his performance was passable. The writing was as if it was a kid's movie, except for scenes centered around his political incorrectness as the joke and only premise of the scene. The only way this movie would have been funny if it was played at a Peter Sellars roast.
September 3, 2017
About on par with the first Pink Panther movie. The odd funny part but really silly.
½ August 26, 2017
Funny slapstick and an ensemble cast are mostly enough to create an entertaining sequel, but it may not be as fresh as the first.
July 20, 2017
it is very funny. funnier than the first.
July 8, 2017
Love Steve Martin :)))
½ May 31, 2017
Mostly funny if you're younger than drinking age, The Pink Panther 2 holds some decent gags and some not-so-decent ones too.
April 17, 2017
Am I the only one who likes this movie?!
April 12, 2017
so funny
my favorite movie
March 12, 2017
Please, don't make Pink Panther 3!
½ January 29, 2017
Not as good the first movie, but it is nonetheless still funny and Steve Martin still has the comic energy that made the first film a good comedy.
½ January 26, 2017
Not as good as the first movie.
December 29, 2016
The best comedy ever. Absolutely hilarious!
November 1, 2016
I don't care what anyone says, this is one of the funniest movies of all time.
½ October 15, 2016
Good fun! Of course Steve Martin and John Cleese are great, and I enjoyed seeing serious actors bringing their considerable talents to light-hearted roles...
½ August 22, 2016
As a Pink Panther fan myself, this film is not only a disgrace to the original 9 films, but to comedy as a whole.
May 3, 2016
The inspector must track down a stolen diamond in this needless sequel.
April 25, 2016
Even worse than the first Steve Martin remake and that one was terrible enough to earn it 0 stars. The only way they could make a worse Pink Panther remake was if Steve Martin physically danced on the grave of Peter Sellers.

I gave the first one zero stars. If there was something even worse to rate it I would.
April 3, 2016
You people are insane. This is legitmately one of the funniest movies ever made.
January 3, 2016