Pitch Perfect - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pitch Perfect Reviews

½ March 12, 2017
I got this movie for my mom for Christmas. We watched it and laughed the whole way through. It felt good and was funny.
February 23, 2017
Hilarious with amazing musical performances. Also Rebel Wilson. She is AMAZING.
February 21, 2017
Unique comedy musical movie, it not that same with other musical movies that has the same cliche musical plot where a nerd and a jock fell in love with each other and there comes a preppy girl who tries to win the jock.
February 20, 2017
A funny musical Comedy
February 11, 2017
Pitch Perfect has a formulaic storyline and, while never quite as funny as it should be, still manages to remain an entertaining diversion thanks in large part to the performances of its talented cast especially since this movie officially confirms that Anna Kendrick is now a big star having achieved leading woman status in this movie as well as some excellent a capella covers of songs from this century and the one that preceded it. An aca-damn aca-enjoyable movie.
½ February 10, 2017
Not a full worthy excessor to "Sister Act" but well on the way. Fat Amy is the is the glue that holds it together..
February 5, 2017
My first viewing of Pitch Perfect happened in early 2013. I rarely go to see college comedies because they're not typically to my taste. But my work friends at the time convinced me that Pitch Perfect would be a delightful watch and they were right. With a focus on female camaraderie, Pitch Perfect represents unlikely but lovely female friendships. My favourite part of Pitch Perfect is the initial recruitment when the leaders are looking for a group of girls with beach ready bodies. What they end up getting is very, very different because none of the stereotypically beautiful bodied girls want to join their group. Fat Amy was especially dear to me as she defied fatphobia and was desirable throughout the film to the leader of the male a cappella group. By prefacing her name with Fat she was presenting a body positivity that transgressed beauty standards. Pitch Perfect does have its shortcomings though. The racialized characters are stereotyped. The queer, black lesbian is the butt of every we know she's gay but she won't come out joke. She is made to be 'thirsty' and socially awkward because of it. Some of the humour becomes a little repetitive and redundant as one of the women does a 'snow' angel in a pool of vomit. But, Pitch Perfect is filled with talented female actors with great chemistry and charisma. They are entertaining and light-hearted. I have watched Pitch Perfect several times since my initial viewing and every time I leave feeling silly and euphoric.
January 17, 2017
Pitch Perfect is audacious, clever, and presents enough quotable moments to offset its cliched story; its not your traditional musical, but then again, its not your traditional girl's night out story either.
½ January 7, 2017
A formulaic but really funny musical comedy with likable characters and fantastic music.â¦â¦...
December 31, 2016
ITS SO GOOD! I LOVE THAT THEY USE SONGS YOU CAN SING ALONG TO!
December 31, 2016
Well this was good but better if you are a teenager I'm sure. Like Step Up only singing and not dancing. Bit cheesy and really predictable
December 20, 2016
It may be conventional and formulaic with nearly all film clichs that Kendrick's character disdains so much (and not with the originality of the likes of The Breakfast Club), but maybe that is the point after all: to work as a solid predictable comedy. And it does so well.
½ December 12, 2016
I've been wanting to see this for a while. Interesting and easy to watch.
½ December 9, 2016
The predictable story is all about the chemistry between the characters, songs and stage shows. These are all delivered extremely well to make a perfect sweet movie.
December 6, 2016
Kind of watchable post-high school film very cutesy and sometimes creepy about some a-capella comps. Girls vs boys group. The boy group was so superior. Sexy girls but mostly lesbians. Light story but with a funny beat that was hanging on. Of course the girls underdog had to make a good comeback. Funny extras on the DVD.
December 6, 2016
½ December 4, 2016
I really liked the movie, but I saw so much more potential in Becca & Chloe relationship than I did with Jesse & Becca. Bechloe just fit perfectly together, and throughout the movie I forgot about Jesse because of how insignificant he was.
November 23, 2016
A wannabe Christopher Guest mockumentary, 'Pitch Perfect' misses when it comes to laughs, but hits when it comes to stereotypical humor and that's not a good thing. Fat jokes, asian jokes, puke jokes, and homophobia jokes don't make for a fun time especially when this movie is a soundtrack. Anna Kendrick shows depth in a movie that has nothing to offer.
November 14, 2016
It might be a familiar rise-to the-top story, but Pitch Perfect is still infectiously funny and it makes you wanna smile.
November 12, 2016
Amazing what throwing in a decent soundtrack can do. Without it, this is just another corny chick flick that would've no doubt annoyed the hell out of me. With it, it's a catchy modern number that puts a new twist on some classic tunes, as well as busting out some smooth moves on the dance floor. This is littered with a variety of personalities, individually chosen for their unique traits that each provide something different for their respective singing groups. Whether as individuals or battles, these productions are cleverly choreographed and produced to provide an excellent sing along and humorous movie. From the dry persona of Rebel Wilson to the egotistical lead singer of their opposing band, everybody adds something to the quality of this film. Naturally you can immediately see how the script it's going to pan out - Girl band pitted as the underdog, always losing to the cocky boyband in the regional tournaments. One day a new chick joins the team, adds a different twist to their style, and ........ Well you can guess the rest! There are also side stories going on which to be honest no one gives two hoots about, with the blossoming romance of the two main characters, and the girls desire to get into music producing. Presumably the sequel might progress these two issues, but if it's going to continue to be a success, it just needs to pull together some new styles on more of the old beats. This is all about the music, and providing that's up to scratch, the franchise will do just fine.