Pitch Perfect - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pitch Perfect Reviews

October 12, 2016
Acapella is not good for film
September 30, 2016
I adore Rebel Wilson. Her and a few other lead actresses really shine in this. It's very Glee if it was trying to be overly funny which is 50/50 as to when the humour lands and when it doesn't. Definitely enjoyed it, but would rather listen to some of the mix mashup tapes the lead character was creating at times. Those sounded wicked.
September 28, 2016
Great movie. Loved it. Can't wait to see what they'll do with a sequel.
½ September 18, 2016
"Pitch Perfect" is an great feel good film. The story is quiet predictable and is properly what you are expecting but is forgotten through the funny jokes and great musical numbers used throughout. Anna Kendrick and Brittney Snow were great and loved seeing them both return to a film where they had to sing. I am still wondering if Rebel Wilson was actually signing all the songs. I think this film could become the next "Bring It On" where the films get redone over and over with different casts until destroyed. Though a proper sequel would be good.
½ September 11, 2016
Better than I was expecting, but still fairly predictable. It's similar to Glee, only with no musical instruments! Anna Kendrick was a way better singer than I thought she was going to be. She makes this movie worth watching. It does have some good comedy and a lot of heart, but the songs are so-so.
September 9, 2016
it was a pretty good movie.
August 19, 2016
Let's get this right out of the way, most of this movie is just fine. The acting is fine, the music is good, and the comedy while hit and miss (mostly miss for me) is still okay. However, I have one huge problem with the movie, its main character.

I hated Anna Kendrick's character in this film. It's not bad acting, it has everything to do with the writing of the character. Entitled, whinny, angry for no reason, and up stuck as all get out. If you're given a free college education, free from debt, and given such great opportunities and you shit on them because it's not "your thing" then fuck you. It's one thing to make you dislike a main character and then have them go through growth and development, but I was so filled with disgust for this character that nothing that could have happened would have saved it for me. Petty, maybe, but I dare you to watch this and not feel the same about this whiny brat afterwards.
August 16, 2016
I'm truly surprised...
½ August 5, 2016
A unique, feel good, toe tapping chick flick that pleasantly surprised me. Pitch perfect is all about a cappella groups battling it out to win the competitions. Filled with a cappella versions of well known songs and well arranged choreography. Rebel wilson steals the show as "fat amy" delivering most of the films jokes. A solid entertaining film that i found surprisingly better than what i saw in the trailers, a film to put you in a good mood.
August 2, 2016
The best thing Pitch Perfect has going for it is the music. It's excellent and catchy and performed incredibly well. While it may give you the inclination to get up and quote along to the many different pop songs it sprinkles throughout the film, the plot aspect lags behind.

It will remind you instantly of the Bring It On franchise. It's a cliched and uninspired story featuring the outcast college freshman who ends up attracted to the outgoing good looking male counterpart who joins a crew of other misfits and blah blah blah. Anna Kendrick and company do just enough to give their characters some decent variation from the others, but sightly gags and stilted dialogue cut down the film when the musical numbers elevate it.

It's entertaining and could be used a great drinking game for an outgoing group of kids, but past the excellent dance/musical numbers and a cast filled with stars and unknowns, Pitch Perfect will only satisfy when the volume's up.
July 22, 2016
It may be conventional and formulaic with nearly all the film clichés that Kendrick's character disdains so much (and not with the originality of the likes of The Breakfast Club), but maybe that is its point after all: to work as a solid predictable comedy. And it does so well.
July 17, 2016
I love this film. It has a great cast, the acting is very good, the comedy is good, and the musical performances are excellent. The characters, while stereotypical, are likeable. I really enjoy Fat Amy, and Rebel Wilson's performance was so entertaining. I had no idea that Anna Kendrick can sing so well. The movie kind of suffers from a predictable plot, but they make up for it for the most part with the acting and music. While maybe not one of the best musicals, Pitch Perfect is a fun good time
July 9, 2016
Funny charming and you sing along I don't know but I just like it. The cheesyness makes it ok and funny not annoying.
July 9, 2016
I saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes
July 9, 2016
A great gross out college feminism Acapella movie with great actors,funny script,characters with a lot of chemistry and friendship and also a intelligent and smart plot that entertains with a well done film with some of the best actors of the genre
July 1, 2016
how do I watch the movie it only shows me the trailer
June 26, 2016
chick flick/musical ish...iffy at first but then got better. Anna Kendrick, omg so hot
June 25, 2016
Singing in a school girls battle choir. Battling against your own schools boy battle choir. Battle of the sexes much lol.
June 21, 2016
One of the best movies I have ever saw
June 15, 2016
Funny and heartwarming stuff here.