Players - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Players Reviews

½ October 17, 2016
I usually find myself inspired to review movies that compel me and in a way, Players did compel me, but for the wrong reasons. This movie is simply Terrible! It's so terrible that the word 'terrible' has been replaced by 'Players' in the Oxford Dictionary! The consistency is beyond poor and slack. When Sonam Kapoor is chatting with Abhishek Bachan, she is talking to him through a webcam in her car while he is on his phone chatting with her in the traditional way, phone to ear. How has she got him on a webcam then? How is he not aware he is on a webcam? Why is he talking in to a phone if they are talking through a computer?

You may think i'm nit-picking but then there is the scene of the gold heist. Two trains running parallel to each other and Abhishek Bachan has a fight with two Russian soldiers and manages to pull them out of the train and drops them behind him. Logic would suggest they land under the wheels of the train running parallel to the 'Gold Train' but no.....they land comfortably in some snow. In the following shot, there is NO SNOW between the trains! Still nit picking? OK, when they manage to steal the bars of gold, packed by 10 or 12 in a packet, they handle them more like chocolate bars rather than gold bars. At one point, they carry the packages with ONE HAND!

If you aren't finicky on the consistency of a movie or the lack there of, then bring some Nachos when you watch this movie. That way you can enjoy the cheese that oozes off the screen! Just be ready to choke yourself when Neil Nitin Mukesh starts talking to his home computer, 'baby'!

Even new comers Sikander Kher and Omi Vaidya, the bright spots, couldn't save this blatant copy of the Italian Job. In fact, you couldn't even call this 'The Poor Man's Italian Job.' It's more like a Leper stricken Fakir's Italian Job! The ONLY good thing about Players, was that it ended! Abysmal!
½ June 6, 2016
Players is a horrible copy of The Italian Job, and an unbearable movie.
April 7, 2014
Fantastic - That's what you end up exclaiming once the last twist of 'Players' takes you by complete surprise. Oh yes, there are around half a dozen or more twists in this film, something which was pretty much expected since the men at the helm of affairs are Abbas-Mustan.
April 11, 2013
Total knock-off of Italian Job...but a good copy :-)
½ October 27, 2012
A stupid remake of my favorite heist movie THE ITALIAN JOB!
July 28, 2012
Good film, much similarity to the Italian Job.
June 27, 2012
Complete waste of time
June 23, 2012
it is a boring game.
½ April 17, 2012
16/04/12 - Lonesome

Not great! Expected it to be a nice movie, but costumes sucked half the time, so did the dialogues and the acting. It's a shame :L

Story line wasn't that great either although their was some parts i thought worked. Overall not worth the watch.
½ April 10, 2012
Brilliant film even it was a FLOP! :P
½ March 25, 2012
Really disappointed with this movie. This is not even close to the classic "Italian Job"
March 12, 2012
Not bad as people made it out to be but it lacks emotion..
½ March 11, 2012
Half a star for making me want to go to New Zealand. Everything else made me want to kill myself. Only to be watched with a lot of alcohol.
February 18, 2012
its like RACE. good timepass
February 16, 2012
A, if not the, most preposterous Bollywood flick. Avoid it at all costs. I just couldn't fathom the utter absurdities shown in the movie. Just wasted my time as well as money!
½ February 12, 2012
It was an abusive insult to Italian Job
February 8, 2012
Laborious and daft remake of the the remake of The Italian Job. Uses elements from both the original and the American remake, without any regard on making the two plots fit. Bipasha Basu hasn't looked this great for a while, so this is a comeback film for her, but Abhishek Bachchan phones in his performance. The slick action we associate with Abbas-Mustan is barely detectable in the famed chase scene, while the CGIed Minis are all too obvious. Extra points for the production values and the New Zealand and Dutch locations, but this is not worth the money.
January 29, 2012
The first half may be a bit slow-paced, but the real fun starts at intermission. NNM is the highlight of this film. He gives a great performance and has an interesting character. Sonam and Bipasha are great. Abhishek and Bobby are unsurprisingly dull. Barring one or two, songs are disappointing. Overall, nice film.
January 23, 2012
copy of Italian job..... but very badly executed....
January 21, 2012
must not waist your time.