Pleasantville Reviews

• Jul 15, 2019

beautiful film that teaches us that the perfect world does not exist and that you can not live in black and white but you have to live in color, that is, you have to make mistakes and feel different emotions, you have to change and not always live the same life

• Jun 23, 2019

Surprisingly, it works on so many levels. It manages to be quite the social commentary, despite its lightheartedness.

• Mar 23, 2019

Though its a strange and illogical concept with one character I hate, "Repairman". This film does breathes in a great amount of fresh air. The visuals are absolutely breathtaking with its blend of color and black/white. It creates a great amount of charm and comedy into its solid performances. But mostly, its rich in character development and showing how change is significant in a persons life. Its a great film.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best fantasy movie ever made!

The best fantasy movie ever made!

• Nov 18, 2018

This film has aged well, it's cute and funny with vintage Reese Witherspoon and Tobey Maguire!

• Sep 11, 2018

This movie is amazing! Because the actors are great, the music is pretty good and the scenes are beautiful. The movie was made me laugh and sad. Great movie!

• Jul 28, 2018

This movie has something for everyone. The visuals for the black and white are done so well by Gary Ross. It actually looks like a genuine sitcom from the 50s at times. The change to color is done very well too. Tobey Maguire is also excellent as Bud.

• May 27, 2018

just as good as i remembered.

just as good as i remembered.

• May 16, 2018

a very old fashioned black and white town is invaded by two modern day teens who begin to change the very predictable routines of everyone. its unforunate that sex, nudity and cheating were used in this movie. Otherwise i would rate 4. I enjoyed how the black and white gradually turned colors as people began to accept change.

• Dec 23, 2017

I'm glad I finally watched this. It's pretty weird, but by the end the metaphor becomes crystal clear. You can't go back to the good old days.