The Princess Diaries - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Princess Diaries Reviews

April 26, 2019
I've loved this movie since it came out, it's quirky, fun and heartwarming.. I love Anne's performance as well as Julie's, very entertaining
April 19, 2019
Maybe sad how much I enjoy this movie, but a strong cast and witty humor makes it a fun experience for everyone
January 28, 2019
Funny,sweet and familiar
December 31, 2018
This movie may have a 47% on here, but it will forever have a 100% in my heart.
½ November 19, 2018
Highly underrated film. One of the most underrated chick flicks ever. It's a cute movie that is very fun to watch. I don't get why most critics dislike this film, it was decent. Anne Hathaway was great in this movie! I love Anne Hathaway. Princess Mia is definitely her best role.

Rating: 6.5/10
½ October 25, 2018
Princess Diaries is surely one to please for the entire family, Mia Thermopolis's (Anne Hathaway) transformation from a shy, geeky 16-year-old to a fabulous Princess of a small European country has just enough humor, elegance, and positive messages for everyone. Set in mid-2000's San Francisco, Mia embarks on the transformation of a lifetime when her long lost grandmother Queen Clarisse (Julie Andrews), Queen of Genova comes to the United States to bestow upon Mia the news that she is the sole heir to the throne. Thus, begins the whirlwind conversion involving intense princess lessons about leg crossing, ballroom dancing, and high heel wearing.
This movie is worth the 115 minutes and keeps viewers engaged for its entirety. Princess Diaries is the perfect combination of family love and connection, humor, and rags to riches story which will be enjoyable for every viewer.
½ October 7, 2018
The Princess Diaries is enjoyable in some parts, but gets cheesy and tiresome the longer you watch it.
½ September 23, 2018
An elegant teenage invitation to reflect the unofficially indirect beneficial layer being added to the Disney Princesses franchise in contemporary meaning that Hathaway provided in her breakthrough performance, under Andrews' also charming veteran guidance to help successfully fulfill the heart, tackling pretentiously-resulted clichés and missed countered opportunities due to the sad lack of a spine. (B)

(Full review TBD)
½ August 8, 2018
Though the story was somewhat familiar it still was able to stand on its own as a makeover movie about a young girl. I loved the scenery and cinematography. The acting performances from Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews were fantastic.
July 20, 2018
King Rupert may he rest in peace,
July 16, 2018
A fun and lighthearted Disney film that not only will entertain little girls but people of all ages. A solid film that the whole family can enjoy.
½ July 15, 2018
I absolutely loved this movie! Normally, I get annoyed with cliche teen movies, but I loved this one because of the main character. Anne Hathaway does a grand job of portraying endearingly awkward Mia, a painfully shy 15 year-old who's world is changed by learning that she is a princess. She has a close bond with her mother which is a nice change from the classic teen movie mold of poor parent-child relationships. The only negative criticism I have for the film is that some of the supporting characters in the film are extremely cruel toward Mia, yet she does not stand up for herself as much as she should. This film makes me feel nostalgic for the 2000s with its eye-catching wardrobe and teen-pop-chic soundtrack.
July 8, 2018
Love this movie and always will!
July 7, 2018
This movie is great for any girl that doesn't fit in to figure out what see need and who she cares about
Fairly wholesome movie. Any movie with Julie Andrews in it is instantly awesome
July 7, 2018
How can this movie now have a 100%?! This movie is my childhood! I want justice for Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo now Rotten Tomatoes!
July 6, 2018
This movie is a cinematic masterpiece, no other movie will ever compare to the magical and absolute beauty that is this movie. This movie makes all the other male moose go "meeehahahhdiebns" exact noises
July 6, 2018
I love this movie, but the one qualm I have with it is that no hairdresser worth his salt would use a flat brush to detangle 3B curl pattern hair while it was dry. That's just a stupid idea. It leads to terrible breakage as well as disruption of the curl pattern, leaving it frayed and frizzy.
Once again, love the movie, but that hairdresser would have known better.
June 19, 2018
Princess Diaries is a movie that is defining for every young child, boy or girl. It shows that you don't need to be defined by any person or any title. Plus Mandy Moore is a great antagonist!
June 14, 2018
A wonderful movie. A classic. The sequel isnt bad like most are too.
A must-see