Private Benjamin Reviews

• Oct 08, 2018

I saw this when it came out. Theere was really no point to the movie, nor was it funny.

• Sep 14, 2018

This is my favorite movie of all time. I see all these reviews on whether or not it as funny...that's not the point (it is funny). This movie came out in a time when women were breaking out of societal confines. This Jewish princess found her strength after a childhood with an insensitive father and a passive "delicate" mother. She makes mistakes and regresses into old behavior but bounces back. She fights sexual intimidation, She learns that her strength can come from her fellow women, and she learns to dive deep in that - instead of thinking a husband is the answer to everything. This movie is so impowering to women and so relevant even now. You will laugh but there are so many other great lessons you'll get from it. Watch it with your daughters - I saw it for the first time when I was 5.

• May 11, 2018

An uncommon role for Goldie Hawn, but she pulls it off! The story is alright and should be seen by all women for a lesson in self-empowerment.

• Apr 16, 2018

Just an absolutely wonderful movie!

Just an absolutely wonderful movie!

• Mar 07, 2018

I am very familiar with "Private Benjamin" but had never seen the movie in its entirety. After seeing a few clips of the movie on television recently I decided to finally see the movie for myself. When it was over I found myself rather disappointed. I understand the point of the story which is about choosing the right path for yourself and your life in general. It's also a coming of age story as academy award winner goldie hawn finally grows up. Still I felt the movie had a very odd script. Judy benjamin has a chance to leave the army, but decides to stay. however that all turns out to be for nothing because she decides to give up her career for a man. that soon turns out to be the wrong decision. this is nothing we have not seen before in many different movies and television series so I was not all that impressed. the cast certainly does well here so that works in the movie's favor. still i do not quite see what the hype about this movie was all about. the movie is just a tired old sitcom gag stretched out to nearly two hours.

• Dec 05, 2017

Predictable without much to it.

Predictable without much to it.

• Oct 21, 2017

Recently widowed young bride enlists for army and transforms herself from a misfit to a leader. Box office hit is only mediocre. At nearly two hours, runs on too long for this type of comedy. Eileen Brennan and Hal Williams would reprise their roles for the television series that ran from 1981 to 1983.

• Jul 30, 2017

Early bit of Feministic Empowerment via all that women endure for men.

Early bit of Feministic Empowerment via all that women endure for men.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    May 18, 2017

One half of this situation comedy has a one joke premise that wears thin fast, that of a poor little rich girl forced to live out of her ivory tower. Ho-hum. The other half is essentially that all men are jerks and thus unreliable. Lesser Goldie Hawn. Pass.

• Jun 03, 2016

Goldie was great! Love this movie!

Goldie was great! Love this movie!