Puffball Reviews

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Aug 11, 2015

Nicolas Roeg wants to touch some deep forgotten chords of the old days here, when the feel of things that go bump in the night was more than simply a yearly holiday for kids but he never latches onto the vibe and so neither do we. The shadows are there, but not fully realized, and so the things a waste by the end, before the end. Don Sutherland coasts through the film with a smile on his face that seems to imply: "I can't believe they're paying me for this shit." You'll quickly come to see his point unfortunately.

• Sep 04, 2010

im a huge weldon fan but this was a bit messy! Shame as Reilly is a great actress

• Aug 27, 2010

I'm trying to think of words to describe this movie without being disrespectful... maybe "Shitball: The Devil's Shit" Just god awful, how could you Nicholas Roeg? I trusted you. Though to be fair, I should have realized after the 6th sex scene that it wasn't going to get any better.

• Aug 18, 2010

A verey Strange Little Movie This is ...A Coven of witches Obssessed With Having A Baby boy that died in a fire A young couple are revovating a little cottage And She gets preggo Then Has What Looks To Be LiKe A Misscarage I Guess you have to see what Im talking about ???The sex in the barn was steamy I dont think allot of people will like this Movie It Is an ODD one I would watch it again maby ...

• Aug 16, 2010

Started off interesting but overall was bland. But I give credit to Kelly Reilly and actor who played Tucker's sex scene.

• Jun 28, 2010

All the talent that director Nicolas Roeg had back in 70's and 80's is completely gone and Puffball is the best possible evidence of that sad fact. At times it even seems that Roeg is desperately trying to imitate his own Don't look Now, which is one of the creepiest and stylsih horror-films ever made. He tries his best but the end result feels like a bad parody with witches running in forests and Donald Sutherland appearing as a mysterious man who likes to hug stones. Audience is destined to scratch their heads while they try to figure out that what the hell was it all about when the film ends. I am quite sure that even Roeg himself cannot answer that question. This is just awful.

• Jun 28, 2010

There are no words . . . I don't even know.

There are no words . . . I don't even know.

• Jun 28, 2010

Director Nicolas Roeg disappoints with this mediocre (and unfortunately-titled) horror film. The capable cast does what they can with a hokey script - Miranda Richardson in particular gives a spirited performance - but the plot is ridiculous and the production values are uneven - Roeg's fluid camerawork sustains some energy, but then there's some cheesy special effects and editing that make it look little better than a cheap direct-to-DVD feature. A far cry from the sharp and original work Roeg was doing in the 70s and 80s.

Odd movie- didn't quite understand it at the end. Weird

Odd movie- didn't quite understand it at the end. Weird

• Jun 28, 2010

kelly reiily is teh only good point to see in this movie, but the screenplay is reale really bad!